It's been one month on the diet and have nutrition/budget dialed in. Only really supplementing on Selenium, Omegas, and Zinc. Getting tons of B vitamins and iron from mixing the variety of foods. Here is a view of what the levels look like today (sodium is the only thing that needs to be cut back):

That is impressive. I may have to pick your brain a bit. I have a lot of problems with Choline and K. Oh wait. your Cronometer doesn't even list Choline. I think eggs are a good source of choline but when I asked my RD about it she said not to worry about it. the RDA of choline is very small and a lot of food have it but don't bother listing it in the nutritional data.

I also have had issues with magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium. but I'm getting a better handle on those.

The thing about iodine is that the amount of iodine in vegetables varies a lot by where the vegetables live. And the nutritional data does not reflect that. IF you use salt at home you should use iodized salt. Especially if your veggies are not coastal.

I have no evidence but my guess is that most of your lettuce, strawberries, and spinach are grown on the coast of California. If you buy packaged produce you can check to see where it comes from. Earthbound Farms is really big and most of their farms are coastal.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
It's been one month on the diet and have nutrition/budget dialed in. Only really supplementing on Selenium, Omegas, and Zinc. Getting tons of B vitamins and iron from mixing the variety of foods. Here is a view of what the levels look like today (sodium is the only thing that needs to be cut back):

View attachment 22261

If you are only supplementing selenium, omegas, and zinc, then how are you getting vitamins B12 and D?

If you are only supplementing selenium, omegas, and zinc, then how are you getting vitamins B12 and D?

Mainly getting b12 from smoothies w Ripple plant based milk and trace amounts in different foods. Other b vitamins from avocado, beans, bananas, hemp seeds, mixed greens, .. Also taking vitamin d 5000iu every couple of days and getting some sunshine on the trail near apartment. Portion sizes are still a little bit big for me but nicely maintaining a calorie deficit, accounting for activity and BMR. Beans have been a good source of calcium so far. Still need to get blood levels checked for thyroid and overall panel to see if it is all in a good range.

Reactions: Emma JC and David3
That is impressive. I may have to pick your brain a bit. I have a lot of problems with Choline and K. Oh wait. your Cronometer doesn't even list Choline. I think eggs are a good source of choline but when I asked my RD about it she said not to worry about it. the RDA of choline is very small and a lot of food have it but don't bother listing it in the nutritional data.

I also have had issues with magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium. but I'm getting a better handle on those.

The thing about iodine is that the amount of iodine in vegetables varies a lot by where the vegetables live. And the nutritional data does not reflect that. IF you use salt at home you should use iodized salt. Especially if your veggies are not coastal.

I have no evidence but my guess is that most of your lettuce, strawberries, and spinach are grown on the coast of California. If you buy packaged produce you can check to see where it comes from. Earthbound Farms is really big and most of their farms are coastal.

Potassium, magnesium, and phosphorous are all electrolytes that also have a role in heart and muscle function, oxygen..

My brother and I tend to have issues getting enough potassium even if we eat bananas and potatoes regularly. It's just a genetic thing that runs in the family. Need to consume good sources everyday or I will experience heart palpitations and muscle tightness. When you get really low on potassium you will get more severe symptoms of hypokalemia and often need intravenous potassium.

Lowering stress also seemed to help me get into normal levels. Magnesium strangely can get some good adsorption through the skin if you have access to a float tank (epsom salts). Some nuts have amounts.

Mainly buy organic non-gmo when possible. Wash veggies really well as there are recorded higher amounts of foreign bacteria and some risk of ingesting parasites or parasite eggs from imported fruit and leafy greens. Worked as a sushi chef for years and almost sure that I had ingested some form of a fish parasite due to the strange stuff coming out of my body/skin. Took years to regain energy from the fatigue.

Iodine is something we only need in trace amounts. Have been talking to endocrinologist about this. His philosophy is that iodized salt is enough for us. It's also very toxic to overdo it. Still learning so much from reading on here, friends, making mistakes.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Potassium, magnesium, and phosphorous are all electrolytes that also have a role in heart and muscle function, oxygen..

My brother and I tend to have issues getting enough potassium even if we eat bananas and potatoes regularly. It's just a genetic thing that runs in the family. Need to consume good sources everyday or I will experience heart palpitations and muscle tightness. When you get really low on potassium you will get more severe symptoms of hypokalemia and often need intravenous potassium.

Lowering stress also seemed to help me get into normal levels. Magnesium strangely can get some good adsorption through the skin if you have access to a float tank (epsom salts). Some nuts have amounts.

Mainly buy organic non-gmo when possible. Wash veggies really well as there are recorded higher amounts of foreign bacteria and some risk of ingesting parasites or parasite eggs from imported fruit and leafy greens. Worked as a sushi chef for years and almost sure that I had ingested some form of a fish parasite due to the strange stuff coming out of my body/skin. Took years to regain energy from the fatigue.

Iodine is something we only need in trace amounts. Have been talking to endocrinologist about this. His philosophy is that iodized salt is enough for us. It's also very toxic to overdo it. Still learning so much from reading on here, friends, making mistakes.
I've known several omnivores that had to have an ambulance called for low potassium. Much easier with a plant based diet:

Reactions: Emma JC