News German Insurance Company-PB Nutrition Guides in Hospitals

TofuRobot

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I spent a month in the hospital years ago. Eggs, bacon and orange juice every morning. I mean, if you're trying to design the least healthy meal possible that would be a good start.

I work at a hospital, and it is like that there as well in the cafeteria. They have oatmeal as well, but almost no one seems to eat that. Basically the everyday choices are: Scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, hashbrowns or homefries, oatmeal (lol), white toast, and they have a yogurt bar with various toppings. I should do a cronometer check on the typical breakfast I see being eaten by staff (I can't comment on what the patients eat specifically, but it doesn't fare much differently).

View attachment 1482

Ok, did it anyways. Most people seem to gravitate towards this sample breakfast that you can put together at the hospital I work at.
That is disturbing on so many levels... Do people really use that much sugar in coffee? 237mg of caffeine... lmao dark chocolate gives me a buzz... I wouldn't sleep for two days! And the sodium! I mean I know this is reality for a lot of people on Western diets, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how they couldn't panic just seeing those numbers and knowing they're for one meal.

It's sad hospitals are protecting their profit margins by slowly killing their visitors.

Reactions: Emma JC
Ok, did it anyways. Most people seem to gravitate towards this sample breakfast that you can put together at the hospital I work at.
YIKES. I mean, I'm not surprised, but YIKES. Seriously, someone should show that to the department in charge of the food. Especially the food that goes to the patients. People are in hospitals to get well not sick, for gosh sakes!