February Health Challenge (2017)

We both gained weight this past week. Too much eating out and beer! :D We walked for 2 hours 10 minutes at the park today though. Trying to eat lighter today!

We both gained weight this past week. Too much eating out and beer! :D We walked for 2 hours 10 minutes at the park today though. Trying to eat lighter today!
That's the way to do it...stay on top of it, allow yourself to go off a bit, occasionally, then get right back into it so it doesn't get out of hand.

Yeah we have been having too many "cheat days" lately and have to get back to being more disciplined. Since we are both at a healthy weight now, we feel we can not be so obsessive about it.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I did my 5k walk today with my friend at work. It wasn't too cold this morning, so we took advantage. :D

Gaaaah, I got sick with a stomach bug yesterday so no workout. I decided I should take today off, even though I'm feeling better. I'm just a bit tired.

Just did my home lower body workout & have somehow hurt my left leg. Well done me! Also I now can't walk without my legs feeling like they will collapse.... But that's good :D

We are going to do the "park to park" walk today. This time we will be prepared with a bottle of water and money to get into Blue Springs. It is a cool morning so should be perfect for a hike!

We are back from our hike. We walked a little over 10 miles all up. We thought the trail went into the park but it didn't. I think it just keeps going to the next park which is probably another 10 miles away. We turned around and had to walk into the Springs on the road with the cars. We took a little break, then went along the water looking for the manatees but they weren't home. :( We saw lots of fish in the clear water, then headed back. It warmed up quite a bit and is a really perfect day at 70F. I am tired out now!

I hiked today, too, Chryssie. My sister and I went to Bluff Point State Park in Connecticut and did 5-plus miles. The sun was shining, which was good because it was pretty blustery and chilly. What a great day, though, and it's such a pretty hike because it has woods that open up to the ocean.

Reactions: Val and Chryssie
I started out on a walk this afternoon. Went about fifty steps and turned around and came back home. The wind did me in, lol. And I had on a tank top, long sleeved tshirt, fleece cuddl dud, hooded zippered sweatshirt and my winter coat. With a hat...to which I pulled the hood over. I was so mad!

I've been doing better with exercise, but ate way too many almonds after work. That is definitely my weak spot for eating- it's like I'm always starving no matter what I eat. I just want to eat.

I've been doing better with exercise, but ate way too many almonds after work. That is definitely my weak spot for eating- it's like I'm always starving no matter what I eat. I just want to eat.
I wish I didn't love food so much. :(

Sugar if far worse than any (most probably harmless) treatment that it takes to remove the liquorice taste from stevia. I'm sure that you'd like the Nu Naturals which you can buy at either Sprouts or on line at iherb.com.
I just bought the Nu Naturals and I'm having a cup of tea. I LIKE IT!!!! :D