February Health Challenge (2017)

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Post your health goals and support your fellow VVers with theirs! Health goals can be anything health-related, whether mental or physical - not necessarily just exercise and weight loss!

Last month's thread is here

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PTree15
:hug:

Goals:
Continue trying to get more/better sleep, at least 7 hours. (OK, so I got only 6 1/2 last night, but the month is young. :D I got on a knitting spurt and didn't want to stop, haha.)
Continue doing 5 to 6 days of cardio with weights mixed in (at least two times a week. Three has been unrealistic of late, but I'm working on it).
Drink plenty of water, at least 48 ounces a day.
Keep the white carbs in check. I was spotty on this last month. :D Must do better.
Cut down on sweets (I've done pretty OK with this, but there is always room for improvement :D ).

I did another Leslie Sansone video this morning, as it was too slick to walk outside with the snow and ice. My friend and I also worked out on the spin bikes for a little bit. Starting off the month on the right foot. :)

A new month of healthy goals! I will reach my goal weight so I will work on maintaining and try to get more toning exercise into my schedule.

I went for a 30 minute walk at lunchtime as it was lovely and sunny out, almost like Spring. I came back and made a roasted tomato and chilli soup and it was gorgeous. I added a whole red chilli to my soup.:DRoasted Tomato and Chilli Soup with Herby Croutons – Vegan Mammy

On my walk I saw that a shop has opened up near me that sells fresh, vegan bread so I might walk there every day to buy bread for my lunchtime soup from now on.:p

I did the treadmill today. The rooms where I can do my videos were taken up, so I didn't want to annoy anyone with the noise, lol. I did a good 45 minutes. :)

My jeans were a tad snug when I put them on yesterday. That can't be good. I'm not getting on the scale it will depress me. Time to get serious.

Really enjoying pilates! :)
Me too! I am getting stronger and stronger with each session.

I will continue to build my stamina for fast paced dance pieces I am doing. I do this by practicing them more and for longer periods without stopping, and also with fast paced and HIIT cardio sessions using the elliptical, rowing machine, or treadmill.
I also need to get those bike legs going again since it's only a few more months before I will start cycling outdoors to work, the gym, and long distance off road mountain bike trails planned this summer. I'm not a huge fan of stationary cycling compared to outdoor (face it it's boring lol) but I really need to get in a few sessions there.

My abs are getting a little more toned and some definition with Pilates, but not enough to feel comfortable showing them off online. :p

IMG_2115.JPG

Oh gee...I wonder if this could be the problem, lol.

View attachment 10901

Oh gee...I wonder if this could be the problem, lol.

I have that kind of body, where I can be strict and work for months to lose a few measly pounds by eating very "clean" and working out and avoiding sugar, salt, oil, etc, and then eat a pancake dinner or have some cashew cream cheese one night and gain it all back in ten minutes. You have my deepest empathy.

We totally fell off the wagon over the weekend. There was so much food it was unbelievable! And the "goodies" which are my downfall were plentiful and delicious! I gained 3 pounds! Today we went to the park and I walked about a mile and a a half and Jeremy ran to see what it was like to do that outside. It was such a gorgeous day, it was very enjoyable.

Reactions: KLS52
I've cut the amount of sugar in my coffee by half.

Reactions: Chryssie
We use stevia for sweetener most of the time. I only put "real" sugar in my coffee if there is no stevia available. I have put a few packets in my purse now!

I'm keeping up my tai chi practice, still doing that simple short routine I learned, and am even learning it in mirror image so both sides of my body will get the same workout. I like to do it in the yard when I've just gotten home and before I go inside- it really helps me unwind at the end of the day. I still haven't really seen an improvement in my balance though, which was one of the reasons I took it up.

We use stevia for sweetener most of the time. I only put "real" sugar in my coffee if there is no stevia available. I have put a few packets in my purse now!
I'm doing half sugar half stevia but I'm not really a fan of stevia. It has a bitter after taste but works ok when I mix it with a little sugar.