Favorite YouTube Vegan

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I could have sworn we already did this. I wanted to add a new one. But I can't find a thread for this. Maybe we did this inside a different thread.

Anyway, I discovered Garbanzo Girl just last week and I have quickly become a fan.
Yes, she needs to get better at reading her text in a more natural fashion. But it looks like she has put a lot of effort into these.
She also has a cool looking dog.

Please, when you get a chance give us a good video of your favorite YouTube vegan.

High Carb Hannah was my first favourite and is still in the top 5.
Maddie Lymburner is also in that top 5 although she switched her focus to short effective work out videos @Madfit along with her regular channel which is under her name.
Eamon & Bec as well as Max & Lee are my favourite vegan vanlifers as they show how to be vegan and travel the world. Eamon & Bec actually helped Max & Lee (& Occy) to go vegan, and to start a YouTube channel, when they met in Mexico.
Recently I started watched Krocks in the Kitchen because their story of losing a combined almost 300 pounds in the past year is very inspiring and they eat whole food plant based and are shocked and humbled by their recent YouTube success. They keep it simple.

This is Hannah's latest video:

Emma JC

I've warmed up a little on Mic this year. But he will never be my favorite. When I watch his vids I feel like he is scolding me for something that I did wrong. I guess it's just something in his tone.

The other guys I don't know at all. You should post one of your favorite vids here, it will make this thread more fun.

The other guys I don't know at all. You should post one of your favorite vids here, it will make this thread more fun.

I have been watching Cosmic Skeptic for years, and then he made this video and has since gone vegan. He has even debated some interesting people on veganism such a Matt DIllahunty.

Gaz Avantgard is our first "real TV-like celebrity chef", IMHO. I don't like to watch actual TV chefs for multiple obvious reasons, they use animal products and I don't watch TV... So he is a nice breath of "TV celebrity", and since he promotes a cruelty free lifestyle, that would be the first time I have really said that about anything "TV celebrity" like. It would be cool if he could end up with an actual TV show, as long as he kept full creative control. But anyways, I digest ;)

Probably Vegan Footsoldier, I watch him pretty regularly and I'm absolutely gobsmacked by his new "Freddy and Ryan" puppet show series, which looks like it should be for five year olds but is condescendingly explaining complex vegan concepts to meat trolls. He is SOOO funny and always seems to know what is going on.

I like Mic the Vegan and Vegan Zombie (especially his product reviews and recipes), and my favorite female has recently become Freelee. I used to not like LeeAnn, I met her once at VegFest in LA and when she was with DurianRyder she was pretty self-absorbed, they were all about people moving out the way so they could have their picture taken. BUT...since she's gone off grid and become more substantial and has a different partner, she's made some super cool and meaningful videos (though she also still makes drama vids to keep the viewers coming, she's a smart woman, she knows which side her bread is vegan-buttered on).

Reactions: Hog and Emma JC
Gaz Avantgard is our first "real TV-like celebrity chef", IMHO.

A little off the subject, but a couple of other Real Vegan Chefs have already been on Real TV.

There is my favorite Vegan Chef, Colleen Patrick Goudreau, who has been on several of my local TV channels. This is a good representative.

Another good one is Chef Chloe ( Coscarelli)

Vegan Footsoldier & Mic the Vegan (@Lou - he's actually toned down his "scolding" I think since he first started, lol). I binge-watched Gaz when I fist went vegan a couple of years ago but he's a little too "fancy" for me now. I don't have time, and I probably wouldn't make any of his recipes - I'm way too lazy for that (and I like my food whole and pretty much "naked").

This is strange. IRL I don't think I have ever met a person named Hannah. and using the Internet, the only Hannah I'm aware of in TV, movies, or fiction is Hannah Montana.

But in the world of YouTube, I now know 3 Hannahs. And they are all Vegan. Coincidence or evidence of a break in the time-space continuum?

High Carb Hannah was the first one I became aware of.

then there is Hannah McNeely, who I just discovered when Colleen Patrick Gourdeau sent me a link to this video in my mailbox.

And then when trying to figure out if Hannah McNeely was High Carb Hannah*, I found a third vegan YouTuber named Hannah.

This one is Hannah Hagler. Ms. Hagler also has her own YouTube channel but she also appears on the Vegan version of The View. The View is a little too cutesy for my taste but looks like a good show. They also just recently had Mic the Vegan on as a guest!

* High Carb Hannah's real name is Hannah Janish. I don't normally have trouble telling 20-Something pretty blondes apart but I think it was the Hannah thing.

Reactions: Hog
Hannah McNeely's sister lol

She is a popular YouTube mom of 3 vegan kids and a vegan husband from Hawaii.

She can be found on the google machine. ;)

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou and Hog