200 g flour (plain, wholewheat, kamut)
2 level tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
100 g demerera sugar or sweetener.
100 g vegan margarine
3/4 teacup of plant based milk
1 tsp vanilla paste
200 g coarsely grated apples

Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder. Rub the margarine into the flour until it
is like breadcrumbs. Add the sugar. Mix the vanilla paste into the cup of milk
and add to the batter. It should have a dropping consistency. If necessary add extra
milk. Add the grated apples and mix gently.

Line a 18 cm round cake tin with greased baking parchment. Put the batter into the tin.
Bake oven 190 °C 50 mins - 1 hr. Check with a skewer or tooth pick. If the cake browns
too quickly reduce the oven temperature to 180 °C.
Sprinkle with a little extra sugar before serving.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15 and Freesia
This sounds like something I'd love- the recipe is generous with the apples. But... what's "vanilla paste"? I'll try googling for it. BRB...

EDITED TO ADD: Okay- it's a paste made of finely-ground vanilla seeds and a couple of other ingredients to make a paste, but an article said it has the same flavoring strength, measure for measure, as vanilla extract. If I can't find paste, I'll use extract.

Reactions: KLS52
This sounds like something I'd love- the recipe is generous with the apples. But... what's "vanilla paste"? I'll try googling for it. BRB...

EDITED TO ADD: Okay- it's a paste made of finely-ground vanilla seeds and a couple of other ingredients to make a paste, but an article said it has the same flavoring strength, measure for measure, as vanilla extract. If I can't find paste, I'll use extract.[/quote]

That would be perfect if you can't find paste.

Vanilla%20Bean%20Paste%20Heart.jpg

It does sound really good and simple to make. :yes:

• Agree
Reactions: shyvas
200 g flour (plain, wholewheat, kamut)
2 level tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
100 g demerara sugar
100 g vegan margarine
3/4 teacup of vegan milk
1 tsp vanilla paste
200 g coarsely grated apples

Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder. Rub the margarine into the flour until it
is like breadcrumbs. Add the sugar. Mix the vanilla paste into the cup of milk
and add to the batter. It should have a dropping consistency. If necessary add extra
milk. Add the grated apples and mix gently.

Line a 18 cm round cake tin with greased baking parchment. Put the batter into the tin.
Bake oven 190 °C 50 mins - 1 hr. Check with a skewer or tooth pick. If the cake browns
too quickly reduce the oven temperature to 180 °C.
Sprinkle with a little extra sugar before serving.

00170071.jpg
Bump again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas and PTree15