Do you put veganism first ?

You have the choice between two candidates. None is an extremist. Who would you vote for?

• An outspoken ethical vegan who doesn't share your political belifs

• A meat eater on your political side

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think I may start a new poll. Becvause people didn't understand that "NONE IS AN EXTREMIST" was very important in the text. Obviously no one will vote for a vegan nazi.
Why did you post a poll if you didn't want us to respond and vote? Maybe keep posting polls until you get the answer you want. :laughing:

I doubt anyone was even considering the "other side" to be extremist or not, simply the beliefs of a party that we are not aligned .
If they don't share my political views it would make no difference at all to me if they were vegan, or even if they put that as a priority. Too much is involved

Seeing how politicians lie I consider the lives of 80 billion land animals and 3 trillion fish per year more important than human trivia in comparison

Many animals are even more susceptible to climate change than humans are so any action on climate change is a big benefit for animals (mostly wild animals).

Reactions: Vegan Dogs
Veganism first!

Some vegans just vote Democrat no matter what. If any element of the party (Greens, minority group members, union members, etc.) automatically votes Democrat they’ll be taken for granted.

Does anyone think corporate tools like Biden & Harris are going to combat the meat industry?

If we really want to stop the abuses of the meat industry:

We should vote for the Green Party!

In states that have close races, I think America need to get rid of Trump, and that means voting Democrat in places like Florida, Ohio, Arizona, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Minnesota and Michigan.

If you live in California or Alabama it probably makes sense to vote for whoever you think is the best.

Meanwhile it would be nice to have ranked voting and a nationwide popular vote (no electoral college) one day.

In states that have close races, I think America need to get rid of Trump, and that means voting Democrat in places like Florida, Ohio, Arizona, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Minnesota and Michigan.

If you live in California or Alabama it probably makes sense to vote for whoever you think is the best.

Meanwhile it would be nice to have ranked voting and a nationwide popular vote (no electoral college) one day.
Good plan if you want to serve the plutocrats who control the Democrat Party.

Definition of plutocrat: a person whose power derives from their wealth.

Good plan if you want to serve the plutocrats who control the Democrat Party.

What a very strange and very partisan comment. Where on Earth do you think Donald Trump derived his power if not from his great wealth?

Roger.

Definition of plutocrat: a person whose power derives from their wealth.

What a very strange and very partisan comment. Where on Earth do you think Donald Trump derived his power if not from his great wealth?

Roger.
Not partisan at all!

The plutocrats control BOTH major parties. The billionaires and big corporations pull the strings of Republicans. The Democrats are puppets as well.

The Green Party is the way to go!

Voting Democrat is hardly a vote for radical systemic change, but I think most of us know that.

Perhaps someone in the US can answer me, but would it be fair to say that this Presidential election is even more focused on the two main parties than ever. I think this thread was the first I heard about the greens, And I heard nothing about the libertarian candidate whereas last time - 2016 - I saw quite a bit. Now that I think of it, I haven't seen any media coverage of other candidates at all apart from Kanye West - even Kanye West got more coverage than the greens. I think the US media is basically pro democrat, or at least anti Trump, at this point, I think that's fair to say. Maybe some of them hesitate to give the greens coverage.

I was going to say that more green voters will probably, after seeing what Trump has done, will vote for Biden this time. However i just looked it up and even last time greens only got just over 1%. So it's not going to make that big a difference.

Last edited:
This SHOULD have been an election for change, but instead it's an election to maybe-hopefully-sorta stop the bleeding.
I haven't done much of any research on Howie but a superior choice than Jill Stein IMO There's been Nothing on any third party candidate this year! :sigh:

The corporate media has ignored the Greens, doesn't want us to vote Green. Isn’t that a good reason to support Hawkins/Walker?

In the eulogy he says not one positive word about the guy. Robert Byrd was clearly extremely racist for much of his life at least, but he was in the KKK in his 20s in the 1940s and later apologised for it. Biden shouldn´t have agreed to speak in my opinion but I would judge Joe Biden mostly for what he's done and said, not an association with someone else.

As for 7 alleged racist comments by Biden, firstly that is a conservative site that showed me a popup box "join the fight" when I clicked on its home page...

7. Not sure whether this is racist or not, it's hard to judge motivations, so probably have to give the benefit of the doubt, depends a bit on what you think on use of the word "jungle". He may just be talking about racial tensions.
6. Racist.
5. What they are basically saying here I think is that pretty much any use of the word "shylock" is automatically racist/bigoted. I suppose that´s fair although I am not too familiar with the term.
4. I literally put my hands over my eyes when I first watched this at the time he said it,it was that hard to watch. It's hard to know for sure if this is racist or not though, so I think benefit of the doubt can be given. If this statement is deemed to be racist then it means any one of us can be condemned as a racist at any point just for an honest confusion of words. It could be that he correlates in his mind the word "poor" with "black" and the word "wealthy" with "white" and these correlations can be evidence of racism...then again, it is true that black people in the US are less wealthy on average.
3. This is a classic example of how the media (usually on the left, but in this case on the right) twist things to make them seem worse than they are and try and smear people of racism. Note that what Biden said was "you cannot go to a 7-Eleven" but the listicle puts "working at 7-Eleven" which is not what he says. Not racist.
2. Not racist. And probably largely true.
1. Bad comment. Not sure if it´s racist or not though.

Perhaps on reflection his comments on 7 and 4 only deserve the benefit of the doubt when these comments are viewed in isolation. Given his overall record, maybe benefit of the doubt there is a little generous. But I´m still just about prepared to give it...I think we should look for the best in people slightly more than assuming the worst.

It used to be the case that racism meant a belief that one race was superior to another, or discrimination. Now people have a racism alert button in their brain that goes off every time someone says any comment on racial issues that sounds awkward or doesn´t precisely fit to the safe, politically correct opinion.

This is not ideal since there is as much in the media about the latest C list celebrity saying something that may or may not be slightly bigoted, or a video showing people arguing in public, as there is about say the Rohingya or the Uighurs or the Palestinians. It´s all out of proportion. It is also one of the reasons that the right gets votes in my opinion.

Instead of writing an article claiming 7 racist comments, it would be more effective to remind people of number 6, what he said about Obama, which was really so bad it is possible to judge him as racist on that one statement alone. At least at the time he said it.

Anyway, I don´t know who deep down is more racist out of Trump and Biden, but my gut feeling is that Biden will put his history behind him - or at least try to - whereas Trump just throws fuel on the fire.

Why would anyone vote for a racist like Biden? He was a close ally of a KKK member, Senator Byrd, whom Biden eulogized!

More racism from Biden:
In the eulogy he says not one positive word about the guy. Robert Byrd was clearly extremely racist for much of his life at least, but he was in the KKK in his 20s in the 1940s and later apologised for it. Biden shouldn´t have agreed to speak in my opinion but I would judge Joe Biden mostly for what he's done and said, not an association with someone else.

As for 7 alleged racist comments by Biden, firstly that is a conservative site that showed me a popup box "join the fight" when I clicked on its home page...

7. Not sure whether this is racist or not, it's hard to judge motivations, so probably have to give the benefit of the doubt, depends a bit on what you think on use of the word "jungle". He may just be talking about racial tensions.
6. Racist.
5. What they are basically saying here I think is that pretty much any use of the word "shylock" is automatically racist/bigoted. I suppose that´s fair although I am not too familiar with the term.
4. I literally put my hands over my eyes when I first watched this at the time he said it,it was that hard to watch. It's hard to know for sure if this is racist or not though, so I think benefit of the doubt can be given. If this statement is deemed to be racist then it means any one of us can be condemned as a racist at any point just for an honest confusion of words. It could be that he correlates in his mind the word "poor" with "black" and the word "wealthy" with "white" and these correlations can be evidence of racism...then again, it is true that black people in the US are less wealthy on average.
3. This is a classic example of how the media (usually on the left, but in this case on the right) twist things to make them seem worse than they are and try and smear people of racism. Note that what Biden said was "you cannot go to a 7-Eleven" but the listicle puts "working at 7-Eleven" which is not what he says. Not racist.
2. Not racist. And probably largely true.
1. Bad comment. Not sure if it´s racist or not though.

Perhaps on reflection his comments on 7 and 4 only deserve the benefit of the doubt when these comments are viewed in isolation. Given his overall record, maybe benefit of the doubt there is a little generous. But I´m still just about prepared to give it...I think we should look for the best in people slightly more than assuming the worst.

It used to be the case that racism meant a belief that one race was superior to another, or discrimination. Now people have a racism alert button in their brain that goes off every time someone says any comment on racial issues that sounds awkward or doesn´t precisely fit to the safe, politically correct opinion.

This is not ideal since there is as much in the media about the latest C list celebrity saying something that may or may not be slightly bigoted, or a video showing people arguing in public, as there is about say the Rohingya or the Uighurs or the Palestinians. It´s all out of proportion. It is also one of the reasons that the right gets votes in my opinion.

Instead of writing an article claiming 7 racist comments, it would be more effective to remind people of number 6, what he said about Obama, which was really so bad it is possible to judge him as racist on that one statement alone. At least at the time he said it.

Anyway, I don´t know who deep down is more racist out of Trump and Biden, but my gut feeling is that Biden will put his history behind him - or at least try to - whereas Trump just throws fuel on the fire.
Pardon me for saying, you seem to be making lame excuses for a racist. I'm sure you're better than this.

Biden certainly did say many positive words about Byrd.

And consider Biden's incredibly racist 1994 Crime Bill.

I think we should look at the facts rather than our gut feelings. Politicians are very good at projecting a pleasing image to fool us.

Fortunately we have options other than Biden and Trump. We can vote Green.

Last edited:
Oh I just remembered I had a chance to vote for a vegan candidate on my side, when Cory Booker ran in the primaries. I supported Elizabeth Warren instead because I preferred her economic message and policies. So even the vegan on my political side isn't guaranteed my vote.

Oh I just remembered I had a chance to vote for a vegan candidate on my side, when Cory Booker ran in the primaries. I supported Elizabeth Warren instead because I preferred her economic message and policies. So even the vegan on my political side isn't guaranteed my vote.
Warren is a phony populist.

Last edited:
Wasn't Tulsi Gabbard running too?

• Haha
Reactions: silva