Do you eat dessert?

We occasionally had dessert. Sometimes at the end of the meal, sometimes later with the grown-ups' coffee. I loved dessert then and I love dessert now. I'm a big dessert person, in particular home-made desserts, and usually not so keen on store-bought sweet stuff. (I do like some kinds of store-bought ice cream though.) As a child I always much, much, much preferred e.g. strawberry cream cake or waffles or raisin buns (all home-made) over any of the popular crappy sweets aimed at children that you could buy in the store.

If I eat out in a restaurant I would always prefer to have a starter and a main meal and skip the dessert.

I do like pies or cakes with custard or ice cream occasionally but I would have it at any time of day. I also like fresh fruit and ice cream.:lick:

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
^ I do that because I can have a cuppa and bikkie when I get home hehe.

Fruit is not dessert to me. Fruit in a pie/cake/chocolate situation is ok.

Reactions: SummerRain
Usually there are no vegan deserts in restaurants (I don't usually eat at vegetarian restaurants these days), so when there are and I can have three courses I get really excited. :D But on the whole I prefer starters in restaurants to puddings, more because often the vegan puddings are a let down rather than an intrinsic preference for savoury foods though.

I agree. Vegan desserts (such as cake) are very dissapointing when not homemade. My friend and I had vegan cake in a cafe in town. It was burnt and had no flavour. £3 for that. Gutted!

Reactions: SummerRain
Sometimes I have dessert FOR dinner!

In all seriousness, dessert is not something we plan, but sometimes it happens. Most of the time, it doesn't. When it does, it's a special treat.

Reactions: RascalsMom