Do fish feel pain?

I have never used the word "illusion", that is a word you've used

what is wrong with the word 'illusion' to describe the possibility of what you think pain could be?

il·lu·sion (
ibreve.gif
-l
oomacr.gif
prime.gif
zh
schwa.gif
n)
n.
a.
An erroneous perception of reality.

you didn't answer the question about whether you avoid pain......if pain isn't real, why avoid it?

what is wrong with the word 'illusion' to describe the possibility of what you think pain could be?
Because I'm not talking about illusions, I'm talking about behavior and ones inner mental live.

you didn't answer the question about whether you avoid pain......if pain isn't real, why avoid it?
But I did answer it, a creature that behaves as if it feels pain while not experiencing pain would avoid pain just like someone that really experiences pain.....otherwise there would be behavioral differences. So, yes, I avoid pain but that doesn't say anything about whether I really experience pain or not......just that I exhibit pain avoidance behavior.

Because I'm not talking about illusions, I'm talking about behavior and ones inner mental live.

would you describe feeling pain as a 'bad' thing(or words to that effect), at least some of the time? Like having a tooth drilled without anaesthetic; would you say that felt 'bad'? If you have had any fillings, did you opt for anaesthetic?

would you describe feeling pain as a 'bad' thing(or words to that effect), at least some of the time? Like having a tooth drilled without anaesthetic; would you say that felt 'bad'? If you have had any fillings, did you opt for anaesthetic?
Like I said, I exhibit pain avoidance behavior which means that I will behave in ways that indicate that I want to avoid "pain". But these are all just behaviors, none them indicate that I actually have an inner experience of pain. Maybe I'm just a mindless cog that behaves as if they have pain?

Do fish feel pain? Fish are often relegated to a somewhat sub-animal status. They are hared to related to and not as emotionally expressive as other animals. But does this mean they don’t feel? In this video, we take a hard look at the science and the heated debate within the scientific community over whether fish can, in fact, feel pain. For more information and all of the studies mentioned, see the blog post: Do Fish Feel Pain? | Bite Size Vegan