Creative Ventures

I never use an exact pattern when I crochet stuff. Part of the fun of crocheting is figuring out how to work through what would be considered mistakes. If it turns out differently than what I had in my head at first, I can always tell people I meant for it to look like that.

Reactions: PiSis
I somehow missed it, I tend to skip over quotes. But I would definitely get one of those if I could afford it, I think it's a great idea.
Thanks Gemma. I seem to be getting a positive reaction to this so its probably something Ill look into further.

3486_298490500252857_12729082_n.jpg

I made lots more jewellery for the craft sale this week! Unfortunately they're not all rainbow ones, though, cause I ran out of colours, but there's some more than this which wouldn't fit in the picture :) (and sorry it's so big I don't know how to change it)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 212
CRAFTY HURRICANE LAMP.jpg

I want to do this...I have everything but the greenery!

This is my design for a contest on Facebook. If you feel its a worthy winner then 'like' the image on Facebook. Most likes wins.
I will post the album out of fairness as I would rather win because the design is a good one not because I 'asked' for votes. Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.381002181981963.90406.275706489178200&type=1

602605_381002471981934_37245629_n.jpg
Your art work is beautiful!

I 'liked' your design, purely because it's awesome. My second favourite is Stefanie Cummings picture of the human body/deer head.

I think you can like as many as you want.
Thankyou so much for voting. Another design has over 200 so I doubt Ill win but its nice to take part

I'd say that your was the best one this time, you had a good balance between creativity and pure skill.

Don't like the watermark though.

I see a lot of Roman Dirge in your art style. That is not a bad thing at all. He's a major influence on my style as well. I like it very much and everything you've posted on your website is really excellent.

Ive had work stolen before Envy. This will be a print when the contest is over so I dont want people having it for free.

I love RD...I drew alot of stuff like Lenore at Uni haha.
Thankyou! I need to update really :/

I voted for you too, it was the best. I don't understand how that cat one has like 120 votes :|
Thanks gemma. I saw your name on the list and I will say that I am keeping an eye on whose voting because some of my "friends" are telling me theyve voted but Im still on the same likes as before so theyre probably lying. Ho hum.

Gemma-I gotta say I agree. Some others are better than mine but IMHO that one isnt that great. :/

I can definitely see it. I used to (try) emulate it when I was learning to draw, but I was never any good at it. All my favorite artists are a beast to emulate, though. Frank Cho, Dave Mckean, Mike Mignola, etc.

I feel that I am subconsciouly influenced. I dont sit down and try to copy a style. It just comes out lol.

I didn't mean that to sound like you were trying to copy his style, I meant that I see the influence of his work in yours. I must choose my words more carefully.