Confused and upset :'(

I'm not sure if this is the right place to be putting this and I'm sorry in advance if it's not, I just need a wee bit of guidance from others in the same boat. Sometimes when speaking to omnivores they come away with the most hateful and ridiculous comments that I feel torn between screaming, bursting into tears or grabbing them by the throat. However I always end up leaving the situation to go home and cry/rant to my partner or dogs instead. I just get so frustrated and miserable that I don't want to talk to them anymore. There are wonderful people in the world who go all out to spread awareness of veganism and I admire them to no end but all I wish for is to not crumple when the conversation turns nasty and grow a tougher hide. I guess what I'm asking is when omi's get really defensive, ignorant and hateful about your life choices how do you handle it? I never seem to bring up being vegan but as soon as people find out they react like I've just punched them in the face! It was never this bad when I was just a vegetarian.
Sorry for rambling, it's been a tough day.
Any advice at all is warmly appreciated.
Bronwyn x
oh man story of my life! i've come to either remove myself from the situation (literally physically leave) or/and say "this is not a productive conversation and my time is better spent elsewhere."

Or is you wanna give a zinger say that "I'm done with this discussion- I won't let you abuse me like you have the animal that's on your plate." or something of the like ;)

Reactions: BronwynMendoza