Companion Animal Memorial Thread

I'm not having any more animals after these ones pass on as I find it too hard when they die. I can't imagine not having any companion animals in my home, though. :(
I just posted about that in the other thread about grief. I don’t see myself ever not having at least one cat. I don’t want to do multiples anymore. But saying goodbye is always so gut wrenching. I’m so sorry for your loss.

• Friendly
Reactions: Raven
I don’t see myself ever not having at least one cat.

I know, I'm the same. When I told my brother that I wasn't adopting any more animals after these ones he was totally shocked. Maybe when I'm a lot older and we don't go out socially to concerts and things we could get another dog or a cat. I don't know, it's hard.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
Not a week goes by...that i do not think of the animals i sent to slaughter or killed myself who trusted me were used to my presence as my dependants.

Boris the baby calf....and his mother...both not practical to pop in a car and have sat in a lounge "pet" animals. The baby goats if born male ended up in pet foods killed at a few days or weeks old

The tags with numbers punched in without anaesthetic when babies to such animals as their labels...are their collars and leads identification as domestic animals of human owners.

His mother screamed when he was taken away...knew this happened every year to her baby.

Usually taken away from her as soon as born. I think her grief was greater than mine however.

boris and falcon and mother calm.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: KLS52
i watched her pain every single day of her life .....died 2 years old....farm bred organic turkey....with the usual arthritis in legs and hearts weak pains and breathing problems due to how bred...heavy...too heavy for weak legs to use as kebab or pet food fodder

medicated but always sick and in pain if struggling to walk

she expired eventually on new years day over a year ago

i did not feed her to my vegan fed cat and dogs. they did not need her body.

i wept my eyes out then and since.

but then watching her struggle to walk in pain for 2 years of her in pain life as a farm animal that got to live longer than most killed of her type age 6 months old...was hard on me.

Not a practical house pet. every day if indoors due to her breathing problems made a great deal of mess.

I would have wanted a second chance. But in real life you don't get those.

I don't know if I'll ever adopt either. I have been fluctuating from I WILL adopt to I'll NEVER ever again adopt to maybe someday.
The end is unbearable. The pain of loss and making mistakes is too much.

I would have wanted a second chance. But in real life you don't get those.

I don't know if I'll ever adopt either. I have been fluctuating from I WILL adopt to I'll NEVER ever again adopt to maybe someday.
The end is unbearable. The pain of loss and making mistakes is too much.

I wanted to send you this pic in a PM. but either I have forgotten how to do that or the forum no longer supports it. so here it is.

Saw these guys on my walk today. They are just chilling and enjoying the weather. And i thought of you

IMG_0752.jpeg

So... Elvis, my sister's cat of 14 years had to be put down today.
He has been suffering for a few weeks. He has had a kidney issue for years. but it got real bad this week and he stopped eating.

I take care of him when my sister is away. but we have never been close. Of course, it was hard for my sister to see him suffer. And of course, the decision to put him down was hard.

When I would house sit sometimes in the evenings while I watched TV he would sit on my lap. He also would come out with the dog and I when we went out at night for a walk. Sometimes he would stay out all night. I often wondered what he did all night. Hunted animals I guess. Or maybe he had another family and lived a double life.

In the morning when he came in for breakfast he would bite me. really hard. I learned to hide behind the door till he went off to find his bowl. I also learned how to give a cat a pill (see the cat lovers' thread for directions).