Companion Animal Memorial Thread

I'm absolutely gutted.
My beloved Theo (aka Cupcake-kitty, Little Bubba, Love Bug) has crossed the rainbow bridge. It was very sudden. He had been kind of not himself late this afternoon, but I didn't think much of it, until I noticed that he hadn't touched his food. He also wasn't jumping on the couch or the chairs like he usually did. So I had to bring him to an emergency place because my vet isn't open on the weekend.

The vet said he was very anemic and that his heart was bad, so even with transfusions, he wasn't going to get better, as this would happen again.

We had nearly 18 great years together, and he was just the best kitty. Such a sweet boy who loved cuddles and belly rubs, and playing, and lying next to me, sleeping in the sunlight, and watching the birds -- and boxes (hence this pic :).

I know that I was so fortunate to have him in my life as long as did. He saw me through some difficult times over the years and always seem to know when I needed him by my side. RIP, my little Love Bug. I will miss you something fierce.

Theo.jpeg

I'm sorry. He was beautiful. It is horrible to have to make that decision even when they have had a good long life. One of my cats lived to 19.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
Thank you so much, you guys. I know how fortunate I was to have him in my life for so long, but your are right, TarheelVegan, it's never enough time. :( I loved his coloring, too. He was a beautiful boy.

Rip Cuddles…I don’t know this cat or her owners but they had posted on FB yesterday that she was missing. They just updated that she was found deceased. 😞

I’ve been putting off posting this but I think I just need to rip the bandaid off because it’s not going to get any easier.

Bratt didn’t make it. He was riddled with cancer…liver/spleen, fluid in his chest cavity, a partially collapsed lung and fluid in his abdomen. Signs of metastasis in his abdomen. The best they could offer was palliative care which I couldn’t do to me or him. He went into respiratory failure at the ER vet after several hours of them trying to stabilize him. So I made the decision to euthanize. I’m still kind of in shock because I was not prepared, not that you can ever really be prepared for something like this. But it was too sudden for me. You would not have any idea he was that bad by judging how he was early morning at the regular vet. Even she was shocked at the outcome. But he got progressively worse on our 30 minute drive to the ER and was in distress when we got there. I am grateful that I followed my gut, thinking something was “off”. It as assumed it was just side effects from the Prozac which he’s been on since last December. He was doing everything as usual, just seemed a little more tired and I know he was a chubbo, but I felt like it wasn’t all fat and was worried something might be going on to make him bloated. Sure enough, there was. I wish he would have let me know something was wrong, sooner.

So, that’s it. Thank you to everyone who was asking how he was doing. Sorry I didn’t post sooner. This happened Monday. As you can imagine, I’m gutted. I’m grateful for Joon and Stella, though, because they have been a godsend, all over me and not leaving my side as if they know. 💔💔💔