Cilantro - am I the only one?

I love cilantro :p But I hate black licorice and artificial sweeteners. I hate Stevia too.
Ugh black licorice reminds me of medicine.

...I didn't even know Chipotle had cilantro in their guac or rice. o.e

Wait im confused. is this one of these herbs that has a different name in the UK? After a google, I discovered that yes it is also coriander. I hate lemon+coriander hummus but aside from that I dont even notice its there. I have really bad tastebuds though.
Coriander is the spice, the seeds. In the UK it seems that cilantro is called the coriander plant, but in the US the plant is called cilantro.

I love coriander, but DESPISE cilantro! The soap taste is so strong I'll never know if it makes me sick or not because I spit out the first taste!
I was so happy when a mideastern chain restaurant opened nearby. I ordered falafel, and it was full of cilantro! :eek:. I never went back!
Trader Joes falafel has it too! It didn't occur to me that was what I hated about Taco Bells fresco. I couldn't swallow the first bite!

Curious though - do you like or dislike coriander?

Avocado I also hate, and does make me very sick. Those two, and buttermilk I guess, are my only hated foods.

I kinda like black licquorice. I used to like splenda, but not since giving it up. I only like stevia when used very sparingly. I have a plant.

I love cilantro :p But I hate black licorice and artificial sweeteners. I hate Stevia too.
Ugh black licorice reminds me of medicine.

I'm the complete opposite. I hate cilantro, but I love black licorice and artificial sweeteners . I find Stevia funky and gross though. It has a very odd long lasting aftertaste.

Avocado I also hate, and does make me very sick. Those two, and buttermilk I guess, are my only hated foods.

Avocados can vanish from the world and I wouldn't mind. I will never understand the avocado love.

I personally love cilantro and wish Chipotle put MORE of it in their rice and guac. I can barely taste it! One thing I love about the Thai restaurant I frequent is a very liberal use of cilantro in their food. Yummmmm.

You can ask them to add cilantro to whatever you order. They'll grab a handful and sprinkle it over whatever you're having.

I love cilantro..raw or cooked. I put it in just about everything. I'm so glad it doesn't taste like to soap to me.
I also love black licorice and avocados. When I can afford it, I'll eat at least one avocado a day.

Actually, I think it's an acquired taste. I didn't like cilantro when my mother suddenly discovered it and starting using it in everything. But then I tried some guacamole with it and I likd it. Now I can tolerate it, but it's still not one of my favorite things.

I hate artificial sweeteners and cilantro, both have a nasty aftertaste to me. I love black licorice though. I use coriander in my Indian cooking often. I like it a lot. Once the seeds have grown into the plant though, it's like an awful metamorphosis has taken place, haha. In fairness, I can tolerate, and even not mind a hint of it in my food, like when I go out for Mexican or Indian food, but if it's a prominent flavor, I find it gross. Interestingly, my boyfriend has no issue with cilantro, but hates licorice with a passion. At least we balance each other out in that respect. Haha

I hate artificial sweeteners and cilantro, both have a nasty aftertaste to me. I love black licorice though. I use coriander in my Indian cooking often. I like it a lot. Once the seeds have grown into the plant though, it's like an awful metamorphosis has taken place, haha. In fairness, I can tolerate, and even not mind a hint of it in my food, like when I go out for Mexican or Indian food, but if it's a prominent flavor, I find it gross. Interestingly, my boyfriend has no issue with cilantro, but hates licorice with a passion. At least we balance each other out in that respect. Haha

Stevia isn't an artificial sweetner and is a plant that comes from South America.

I was referring to aspertame and saccharine and sucralose. I know what stevia is. I use it from time to time and I don't mind it at all.

I have no special feelings about cilantro, I just read this thread because I smell like cilantro from work today and so it seemed interesting. :shrug:

I love licorice, don't like artificial sweeteners and have no problem with cilantro.