Christmas Countdown & Everything Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes. When I was in a charity shop today I saw some wooden boxes labelled Christmas Eve boxes. I hadn't heard of this before and had to look online what they were for.

I'm hoping to get a xmas tree from one if the second hand shops around here rather than buying a new one.

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
Yay! 🎅🏼🤶🏻⛄🎄❄️

Too bad it's 20 degrees warmer than it should be in parts of Connecticut, according to southern Connecticut weather.

Yay! 🎅🏼🤶🏻⛄🎄❄️

Too bad it's 20 degrees warmer than it should be in parts of Connecticut, according to southern Connecticut weather.
Right? This weather is so nuts. It was colder in October!

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52
Oh yes. When I was in a charity shop today I saw some wooden boxes labelled Christmas Eve boxes. I hadn't heard of this before and had to look online what they were for.

I'm hoping to get a xmas tree from one if the second hand shops around here rather than buying a new one.
I think it's a relatively new thing! We have one for E that his aunty got him...she gets him some Christmas pjs and a few other little bits/toys/stickers for it every year and I top it up. Think I'll put in a moo free santa and a book this year.

I really can't wait until 1st Dec to put the tree up etc. 😁

• Love
Reactions: KLS52 and Raven
Right? This weather is so nuts. It was colder in October!
I know we will be getting a few days of cooler weather, starting tomorrow. But then it will warm up a bit again, but I don‘t think it will be the mid-upper 70’s.

It’s annoying because Southern Connecticut Weather is saying that, while the last few days were 20 degrees above normal, when the cold air mass hits it could be 20 degrees colder than normal. I don’t want that either! Why can’t we just have normal seasons…WHYYYYYYY?????? LOL 😂

• Friendly
  • Agree
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
I know we will be getting a few days of cooler weather, starting tomorrow. But then it will warm up a bit again, but I don‘t think it will be the mid-upper 70’s.

It’s annoying because Southern Connecticut Weather is saying that, while the last few days were 20 degrees above normal, when the cold air mass hits it could be 20 degrees colder than normal. I don’t want that either! Why can’t we just have normal seasons…WHYYYYYYY?????? LOL 😂
Exactly. I'm tired of the extremes. It seems that this year's seasons have been anything but typical.

Reactions: KLS52
I'm full of Christmas spirit. (No, I don't mean Glögg!) I have booked two weeks off around Christmas ad hopefully we will go to Orsa in Dalarna to spend time with M's family. They already have snow up there. I'm really looking forward to it and to walking through the forest (keeping to the roads of course) and seeing the occasional house covered in fairy lights. It's really magical.

I'm going to decorate after Thanksgiving. I'm hosting our family party this year, so I want the house all Christmas-ed up! I'm getting a new tree this year, too. My other one is too big and unwieldy anymore, so I want a slightly smaller one.

For the last 25 years, we've put up a Christmas village and train display in the lobby of my husband's work. Most of setup is done over Thanksgiving weekend.
Here's the scene from a couple years ago.

Today I'm working on a new table cover to hang over the base.

I'm going to try and hold out decorating until December, although it may be next weekend as 1st December is midweek.

Started letting E put on Christmas films/episodes of things. He's been watching Mickley Christmas shorts on Disney +. He's so excited bless him. 😁🎅🏼

On the way home from work, I stopped at Olskrokstorget and bought some vegan Prinskorv and vegan rödbetsallad ready for Advent. I just need to get Julmust, Glögg and gingerbread, which I can get locally. M tidied up the floor ready.

Glossary:

Prinskorv - small Swedish sausages.
Rödbetsallad - Swedish beetroot salad.
Julmust - Soft fizzy Christmas drink.
Glögg - Swedish mulled wine.

On the way home from work, I stopped at Olskrokstorget and bought some vegan Prinskorv and vegan rödbetsallad ready for Advent. I just need to get Julmust, Glögg and gingerbread, which I can get locally. M tidied up the floor ready.

Glossary:

Prinskorv - small Swedish sausages.
Rödbetsallad - Swedish beetroot salad.
Julmust - Soft fizzy Christmas drink.
Glögg - Swedish mulled wine.
I will be making gingerbread for Christmas as well. I might even make some for this weekend. I so love gingerbread. I'll get to have Glögg when I see my friend Shirley. She makes it every year for the holidays. :)

I have recorded a few Christmas films and I will watch a few over the weekend.:) ETA - If I have recorded any decent films, that is. Some of them can be a bit hit or miss!

I have recorded a few Christmas films and I will watch a few over the weekend.:) ETA - If I have recorded any decent films, that is. Some of them can be a bit hit or miss!
I have a favourite version of A Christmas Carol that I have recorded somewhere. It's a very beautiful, atmospheric animation from the 1970s that I first saw as a child. I'll have to try and find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.