Christmas Countdown & Everything Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could veganize the three layer cookies my mom used to make. But there are so many eggs in the recipe. I never have luck if I need to replace more than 1-2.

I tried to make an impossible pumpkin pie using just egg. It baked up beautifully but then fell flat upon cooling. It was still delicious especially with a dollop of coco whip, but the consistency wasn't right. I have a piece in the freezer. I'll show a picture when I'm ready to eat it.

• Informative
  • Friendly
Reactions: shyvas and PTree15
I wish I could veganize the three layer cookies my mom used to make. But there are so many eggs in the recipe. I never have luck if I need to replace more than 1-2.

I tried to make an impossible pumpkin pie using just egg. It baked up beautifully but then fell flat upon cooling. It was still delicious especially with a dollop of coco whip, but the consistency wasn't right. I have a piece in the freezer. I'll show a picture when I'm ready to eat it.
Like these? Vegan Italian Rainbow Cookies and Homemade Almond Paste Recipe

Here are my 2 little trees! I found some tiny ornaments that I had forgotten all about and they are perfect. The plain silver balls were already attached to the tree and I made the topper work even though it didn't really fit.

20221204_101953.jpg

I love your tree Chyrssie!
I should do something I guess...

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52
@Chryssie Your trees are adorable!

I have my tree up (but not yet decorated)! I bought my sister's fake tree because she said it was too unwieldy for her and she didn't want it anymore. It's not as heavy as the one I had, and all the lights work (unlike the tree that I've had for 12 years). This one has several settings to change the colors of the lights. They can be multicolored or all white, can go back and forth, plus there are settings to change it to blinking lights. It's also skinnier than my other tree, so I didn't have to move my bookcase this time, and it was easy to get into the house. I'm very pleased with it.

It's going by too fast! 😭 I think it's because I have a social life now. I don't think I like it. I need to slow down so I can enjoy more if me time. Covid ruined me. 😩

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Brian W
Yesterday was Christmas on Main Street in my town. The music group I go to twice a month played Christmas carols and we sang like Carolers. It was fun!. Then I went to a friend's house for a holiday celebration. That was also really nice. Her house was all Christmasy and she set a beautiful holiday table, all fancy like. I'm not used to that lol.

There were only six of us, all women. So bizarre because four are widowed and one is divorced. I'm the only one with a spouse. Three of the widows are a few years older and one is younger. Every time I meet someone new it seems they are widowed!

I'm watching Christmas Reservations. My first xmas film this year. It stars Melissa Joan Hart.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I'm going to decorate my tree today! I should be doing some work, but the material I am working on isn't due until Thursday, so I'm taking the day to get going on decorations. I hope to have everything in order by the weekend decorations-wise. Next week will be be cooking baking and wrapping gifts. I have only a few more gifts to buy. I made a lot of progress in the past week on the gift-buying.

I'm almost done shopping. I need a couple of gift cards. I hate wrapping so I spent some money on these gift bags that are more like sacks. I used them a couple of years ago. I will only need to wrap a few things the old fashioned way.

I'm almost done shopping. I need a couple of gift cards. I hate wrapping so I spent some money on these gift bags that are more like sacks. I used them a couple of years ago. I will only need to wrap a few things the old fashioned way.
I love those gift bag/sacks, too! I had a couple a few years back. For my gift cards, I have made crocheted gift bags this year. I'm excited to use some of them. They can hold small gifts as well, like soaps or candy. I was thinking people could reuse them, or add a sachet with dried herbs or something. They could hang them in their house somewhere. They are very cute. :)

Thank you! I think it will leave it up until at least February, hahaha! :) Today I got a new lightbulb for my ceramic tree, and now that is up. I still have lots more to do, but I'm chipping away at it. My day job picked up this week, so I've been busy with that. But I'm thinking it will all be done by the weekend. Here's the ceramic tree:

IMG_0436.jpg

I love your tree @PTree15 !
I was thinking of collecting some pine branches and pinecones and making a wreath--then considered I could bring in bugs, so,nope!

Status
Not open for further replies.