Christmas Countdown & Everything Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I recorded a few and then didn't watch them. I was just going to look on the christmas channel and see if there were any new ones that look good.

Keep me posted as I really don't think that I can stomach anymore of those Hallmark ones. :D

Give me Borrowed Hearts and Christmas Eve..... oh and the Family Stone.

I was watching some people have some vegan mince pies with a glass of sherry (or was it port?) and I fancied some. It's strange how I associate this time of year with foods I never normally eat.

Sherry trifle I thought of too. :heart_eyes:

Reactions: KLS52
I was watching some people have some vegan mince pies with a glass of sherry (or was it port?) and I fancied some. It's strange how I associate this time of year with foods I never normally eat.

Yes, it's either sherry or port with a mince pie. I love the latter !

Reactions: Raven

Sounds good to me! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: shyvas and Raven
My mom gave me fruits for christmas present. But because of COVID I'm unsure if I dare to eat them since she has touched those and she isn't very good with hygiene or social distancing (she has compromised memory and difficulties at focusing). I don't know what to do. What would you do in this case? Am I just being paranoid? I mean, I'm going to meet with Oggy this week so I might get corona from him. Or I could get it from just going to the grocery store, so why is this making me so paranoid. I wonder if it's just because I don't trust mom?
I'm grateful that she thought of me and remembered that I'm a minimalist. I would feel guilty if I'd just let those fruits go bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Friendly
Reactions: shyvas and KLS52
My mom gave me fruits for christmas present. But because of COVID I'm unsure if I dare to eat them since she has touched those and she isn't very good with hygiene or social distancing (she has compromised memory and difficulties at focusing). I don't know what to do. What would you do in this case? Am I just being paranoid? I mean, I'm going to meet with Oggy this week so I might get corona from him. Or I could get it from just going to the grocery store, so why is this making me so paranoid. I wonder if it's just because I don't trust mom?
I'm grateful that she thought of me and remembered that I'm a minimalist. I would feel guilty if I'd just let those fruits go bad.
I always wash fruit anyway, wouldn't a vinegar soak, a dish soap scrub, be good enough? If they're citrus and things with a peel?
I would. I buy fruits from markets that all kinds of strangers touch

The grapefruits I bought are very good! Can't wait for pomegranites to go on sale

I always wash fruit anyway, wouldn't a vinegar soak, a dish soap scrub, be good enough? If they're citrus and things with a peel?
I would. I buy fruits from markets that all kinds of strangers touch
Thank you for the suggestion and good points.
I got clementines and apples. I think I'll just rinse them with hot water or something and peel them.

Reactions: KLS52

I'd just peel the fruit. :)

We watched Elf last night. I had seen it before but it was much better than I remembered. I really enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.