Christmas Countdown - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we have a countdown for 2018 starting January 1? :cry:

Lol...just kidding. I’ll be fine. A few nor’easters with a blizzard or two will definitely help. :lol:

This is my hard time, coming up, when Christmas (the season) is over. I’m going to try and keep it going at least until three Kings Day. My tree is dying though. I bought it too early. I’m thinking of putting it outside on the deck, that way the cold will help it a bit and I can see it from the kitchen window. And I can finally stop sweeping up the shedding pine needles!

I can’t believe how good my cats have been. They try chewing the branches occasionally but so far have not done any real damage.
I love the season, too, and it was so much more enjoyable now that I took the pressure off my gift giving by focusing on just the little ones in the family. It was more sane and less hectic. The letdown for me comes after New Year's, because the hard-core winter weather can get me down.

I visited my middle sister and her family Christmas Eve. (I have 2 sisters, both younger than I, but the youngest is in the Southwest- she hates cold so I doubt she misses the snow). My youngest nephew got engaged about a week ago and he dropped the news on me ever-so-nonchalantly. His fiance was there too- I'd never met her before but she seems like a nice person.

Status
Not open for further replies.