Christmas Countdown - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yikes! :eek:

a-2.jpg
FACT CHECK: Was Fake Snow Made From Asbestos Marketed As Christmas Decor?

I am going to bake apple pie and make my goodies for Christmas dinner tonight. I'm also going knit and watch my favorite Christmas movies: A Christmas Story and It's a Wonderful Life (which I have on VHS, lol). I usually watch the latter on Christmas Eve, but I will be at my parents' house, and I don't think they have a VCR anymore. If I have time, I might also watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas and The Little Drummer Boy (also on VHS :D). And I will have wine. :)

Reactions: KLS52
Having a much better Christmas season this year. I think it’s because I was able to take some time off this week and do fun, christmasy stuff, like baking cookies and attending Christmas activities at work, like a luncheon with friends who moved to another building that I don’t get to see that often, and we had a breakfast yesterday, courtesy of our Commissioner, where we played a trivia game and did a swap and steal grab bag. That was a lot of fun except I got yelled at because I was too timid to steal cool gifts from people when it was my turn, lol. I did end up with the Christmas throw that I brought as a grab bag gift. I love it, haha.

I just started watching a Christmas film I recorded and it is about a woman who inherits a Christmas tree farm.:rofl:

It's a bit early to think about next year, but I saw a really nicely decorated Christmas tree on a vlog and I'm going to copy the way she decorated next Christmas. It was all in white and silver and she got the decorations from the dollar store. It looked very stylish.

Reactions: Val and KLS52
We had a nice, quiet Christmas Eve. I made my usual nut roast ( inspired by the recipe on the Vegan Society site) with all the usual trimmings. I thought that I would have some leftovers for today. However, the nut roast ( cake as they called it !) plus gravy went down so well with the omnis that they polished off my meal.

Oh well, I do have a nice Christmas pudding with custard for dessert.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Val and KLS52
That was awesome, shyvas. I loved the close up of the big hairy pig in the beginning. He’s so cute! :smitten:

That was awesome, shyvas. I loved the close up of the big hairy pig in the beginning. He’s so cute! :smitten:

The best video of the year !! I also love pigs as they are so sweet and quite funny. So pleased that all these mites got Christmas treats !

This is my hard time, coming up, when Christmas (the season) is over. I’m going to try and keep it going at least until three Kings Day. My tree is dying though. I bought it too early. I’m thinking of putting it outside on the deck, that way the cold will help it a bit and I can see it from the kitchen window. And I can finally stop sweeping up the shedding pine needles!

I can’t believe how good my cats have been. They try chewing the branches occasionally but so far have not done any real damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.