Christmas Countdown - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping to get the Hotel Chocolat dark chocolate advent calendar.:)

I decided against getting a real tree (again!) as I moved a plant today and one of my cats went crazy trying to tear leaves off it.:rolleyes:

I went out today and came home with a real tree. :D
I think it has something to do with the fact that we had rearranged the furniture because we painted the living room last weekend and there ended up being a perfect spot for it between the two windows. I’m happy with the decision.
2F258254-9BA8-4A22-9E98-84F57963D08B.jpeg

I think it has something to do with the fact that we had rearranged the furniture because we painted the living room last weekend and there ended up being a perfect spot for it between the two windows. I’m happy with the decision.
View attachment 13372
That is a great tree. Nice and full. Can't wait to see it all decorated. :)

Reactions: Andy_T and KLS52
@PTree15 - gorgeous! :)
And @KLS52 that is really nice! Smells good I bet!
Maybe I'll get a some pine swag or a wreath for the scent. Maybe some lights on the window inside. Last year my front room got drunk lights and looked like Stranger Things :confused:

Does anyone really buy any of the cinnamon pine cones in the huge pallet boxes that are in front of every single store?
I'd love a good fresh pine scent! Stupid Giant Eagle had liquid hand soap last year this time that was perfect! No more...:(

Reactions: PTree15
That is a great tree. Nice and full. Can't wait to see it all decorated. :)
Yours is beautiful!
I underestimated just how full it is and I have to put and get more decorations for it. Luckily, everything is already 50-75% off and it isn’t even December yet!

@PTree15 - gorgeous! :)
And @KLS52 that is really nice! Smells good I bet!
Maybe I'll get a some pine swag or a wreath for the scent. Maybe some lights on the window inside. Last year my front room got drunk lights and looked like Stranger Things :confused:

Does anyone really buy any of the cinnamon pine cones in the huge pallet boxes that are in front of every single store?
I'd love a good fresh pine scent! Stupid Giant Eagle had liquid hand soap last year this time that was perfect! No more...:(
I like the cinnamon scented pine cones. I almost bought them today but they weren’t very scented. I was disappointed. I love the smell of fresh pine too! I have a wreath on the front door and just that was smelling up the living room real nice. Now with the tree it’s extra fragrant!

Thanks, you guys! I have never bought the scented pine cones, but I do have some pine-scented candles. I love the pine scent as well.

View attachment 13372

My tree is up and decorated, woo hoooo! I am going to do the other decorating throughout the week.
View attachment 13373

Gorgeous trees!

We are only going to get our living room painted after Christmas now so I might put my tree up this week.:angel:

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Ho, ho, ho ... so I guess it is also time to go to the basement and break out our Christmas tree ... never too early!

I don't like traditional fiestas of any sort. Too much booze, too much food, too much sitting around just doing as your told all the time! I like my Christmas - going for a beautiful long walk with the dogs, family and friends and a nice meal in the evening. I'd like to be in the Lake District for a day or two but it won't happen this year.

I don't like traditional fiestas of any sort. Too much booze, too much food, too much sitting around just doing as your told all the time! I like my Christmas - going for a beautiful long walk with the dogs, family and friends and a nice meal in the evening. I'd like to be in the Lake District for a day or two but it won't happen this year.
That sounds really nice. :)

WOW! Now that's festive!;
Do the cats really not climb it?

Not so far! I’m very surprised. And there are no dangly ornaments for them to try and bat around. They pretty much squashed all the boxes, though, because they insist on laying on them lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.