Celebrities associated with vegetarianism & veganism

About damned time. I can't take environmentalists seriously when they continue to eat animals.

Aye, I gave an enthusiastic young canvasser for Greenpeace a grilling over that once.

Kinda "What's the point in campaigning against environmentaly destructive things with one hand whilst actualy doing the single most environmentaly destructive thing with the other?"

I signed up anyway.

Mixed feelings right now though ....

The release of the Arctic 30 (29 of them anyway) is probably being celebrated with 100's of steak dinners that contribute to the destruction of the rainforests.

yes, I saw that, but I really doubt it....he has 'meat' written all over him; it's just the way some people are....

I agree. He's a Southern good 'ol boy, like Bill Clinton. They do like their meat.

It really bugs me, though, how some people can eat a veggieburger, maybe once, and then call themselves vegan. Or the media will do it, because most people have no idea what a vegan is.

:rolleyes:

What kind of vegetarian wakes up one day, craves meat, and willy-nilly decides to just give in to the craving? I've been craving meat since I first went veg in 1997, but I haven't given in to it. I find alternatives. It's more than just instant gratification; I have to think about the consequences of what I do. And I don't want to go back to eating meat for a number of reasons.
The same could be said about vegetarians who aren't vegan because they crave dairy and eggs.

I agree. He's a Southern good 'ol boy, like Bill Clinton. They do like their meat.

It really bugs me, though, how some people can eat a veggieburger, maybe once, and then call themselves vegan. Or the media will do it, because most people have no idea what a vegan is.
I was annoyed this morning. In taking a patient's history, she said, "I eat only vegan food." I'm like oh yay, and started telling her about good protein, calcium, and iron sources. "Oh I started eating fish and eggs," she says, "just to make sure." SIGH. I shouldn't have been surprised r/t the leather bag and shoes.

I know she's done some stuff for Peta. Lots of nonveg celebs do stuff for peta about animal testing or fur, and then the media says they're vegan. Could be the case with pink.

What about Pink? Different sources say she's a vegetarian, or vegan, or "mostly" vegetarian.

I don't think she is veg*n which is odd considering how outspoken she is against animal exploitation.

brad pitt recently ??? does anyone have any information about him ? apparently he has became vegetarian ( or vegan ) and he has some arguement with angelina jolie

Jay Z and Beyoncé are eating vegan for 21 days. I have mixed feelings aboutthe media coverage. I think celebs doing this can make a plant based diet look like a crash diet. :(

Has anyone said Mayim Bialik? She plays Amy Farrah Fowler on the Big Bang Theory, and is vegan in real life. On an episode where they had a pie eating contest, all the pies were actually vegan as Mayim participated in the scene.
She's also writing a vegan cook book, I believe.

Jay Z and Beyoncé are eating vegan for 21 days. I have mixed feelings aboutthe media coverage. I think celebs doing this can make a plant based diet look like a crash diet. :(
She was photographed wearing a fur jacket the other day. :rolleyes: I despise celebrities that try to cash in on, what they think are, popular trends.

Reactions: thefadedone

Totally. And I can't believe that Andre Benjamin could possibly be vegan, because you know how it is with them negroes and their pork, am I right? Is that what you're saying?

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
Has anyone said Mayim Bialik? She plays Amy Farrah Fowler on the Big Bang Theory, and is vegan in real life. On an episode where they had a pie eating contest, all the pies were actually vegan as Mayim participated in the scene.
She's also writing a vegan cook book, I believe.

According to the trivia section for the movie on IMDb, when Kal Penn made Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, the movie crew made vegetarian sliders for him for that last scene as he is a vegetarian in real life.

According to the trivia section for the movie on IMDb, when Kal Penn made Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, the movie crew made vegetarian sliders for him for that last scene as he is a vegetarian in real life.
Pretty neat.. I wonder how veg*ns feel about playing nonveg roles. Even though it's a vegan pie or a vegetarian burger, they're still pretending to eat meat and supporting it, in a way. (Acting like it's okay.) I couldn't do it. I'm not saying they are totally wrong for doing it, just curious if it ever bothers any of them.

I wrote him years ago to look at the hypocrisy of his global warming concerns vs his meat eating. So I will take credit for this conversion. ;-)
With the postal service's track record, it's completely possible he just recently received your life changing letter. :)

Reactions: ledboots