Captain's Log

I've upgraded the Search add-on and re-indexed the search data.

I don't think you'll notice any differences, but I'd like to point out that our search feature is there and should be working really well, probably better than most other forums using the same forum software because we have a special search add-on and accompanying search engine software.

There are hundreds of different IP addresses with a wide geographic distribution involved in the attack, so that makes it harder to combat.

Fortunately, I have some tools, although it might take me some time to figure them out ....!

Don't worry, though, a DDoS attack - distributed denial of service attack - is just about that, blocking access to the site for normal users by sending fake traffic to the site to overwhelm the server, and will eventually stop, either because I manage to defeat it, or because they get tired and move on to another target.

Last edited:
Yeah...had a lot of trouble earlier. Kept getting bad server message. Even now I have to try a few times to load the website.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Brian W
Was wonky for me again for a short while this morning. And I couldn't post then got bumped off about 30 minutes ago and couldn't get back in. Let's see if this goes through.

I had bad problems yesterday but none today. Everything seems to be working fine. Why do you think people do this?

I’m still having issues. 😩
I can’t post anything with an attachment. If I try, I get bumped off the site and then I can’t get back in for a few minutes. I keep getting error messages. Just an FYI. Could be because I use my phone...I use my phone for everything...it is my life, lol.

I tried several times to post an attachment since early this morning. Just tried a few minutes ago but couldn’t…had the issue I mentioned above.

I tried several times to post an attachment since early this morning. Just tried a few minutes ago but couldn’t…had the issue I mentioned above.
It's possible it has something to do with the configuration tweaking or counter-measures I introduced yesterday. I could perhaps relax these tonight.
I had bad problems yesterday but none today. Everything seems to be working fine. Why do you think people do this?
I'm not sure, it could be a bit random (script kiddies testing out the power of their network of infected computers) or it could be someone who's out to get us either because they don't like veganism or because something specific that's posted on the forum. Or even a combination of those.