Can vegans eat meat (roadkills)

He's not right. Veganism is an ethical positionality, not a "diet."
Well I didn't mean veganism is just a diet. I think veganism has multiple aspects : ethics, aesthetics, medecine, socio-economics, diet, culture, politics, (religion for some vegans)... etc. And all these aspects work together and give veganism its strenth. But yea, I would recognise that without an ethical comitment to animal liberation one cannot be a Vegan.

But this ethical position isn't sufficient: you also needs to be a plant&fungus-based dieter.

I used to be a freegan (I even ate meat in the dust beans once, and it was fun because it's the only time in my life the gypsies considered me as one of them, but after doing so I regreted it a lot). And I disagree vegetarian freegans are not vegan. They are vegetarian. Freeganism is an ethical position which could be related to the refusal of animal exploitation as is veganism. But nope freegans who eat animal products aren't vegans.

Also I think the word Vegan could be a synecdoche:
For example, a vegan product is vegan even though it might not be about ethics.

Also in some scientific studies "vegan" means "plant-based". And I think it's good for the vegan movment. Plant-based diets could be the Vegan Tojan Horse. Many people said they went vegan for health and stayed vegan for the animals.

Last edited:
Also I'm horrified by people who advocated veganism for the animals and said they were vegans only for the animals and then went back to omnivorism because they thought veganism wasn't sustainable long term... I mean you can blame plant-based dieters for the "no longer vegan" trend but I feel people who used to be ethical vegans and become "anti-plant-based diets" (if it makes sens) are the worst.

• Agree
Reactions: Forest Nymph
There are times i regret doing certain things, before breakfast.......
Just like now.
What?
Roadkills?
My stomach won't be at rest until i replace the image of a person, eating a roadkill (unless they've been lost in the woods for days) I'm still dealing with xmas anxiety coming along, knowing i'll witness my family eating meat, that's all i can handle these days.