Can Anyone Help?

I think you'll love these, I do!
I've only done them in oven, but can see where a grill would be great.
I use parchment paper to line the cookie sheet, tried just a film of oil and the kinda stuck.
I've done slightly diluted bottled bbq sauce, as well as with teriyaki sauce with some ginger.
The texture is amazing. I just noticed I don't follow the recipe for cooking the jackfruit- I rinse the jackfruit then cover with water and simmer for maybe 10-15 min (I actually use my Instant Pot for 5 on pressure), then drain and flake with a fork and add to other ingredients

I've used peanut butter, but prefer almond butter. Tahini would be ok too if you like it
🍽:)
Thank you.:) I may make the recipe and tweak it as usual.

I bought a kilo of yellow & green courgettes from the local vegetable farm. I usually gently steam them and serve them with
vinaigrette but am looking for some original recipes.🙏

I bought a kilo of yellow & green courgettes from the local vegetable farm. I usually gently steam them and serve them with
vinaigrette but am looking for some original recipes.🙏
Not original at all, but tasty. Oladushki. But we never blend courgettes, we just shred them, so oladushki turn out very chewy.

Chinese one. (Very close to what we do, - only the shape is different).

Reactions: PTree15
Not original at all, but tasty. Oladushki. But we never blend courgettes, we just shred them, so oladushki turn out very chewy.

Chinese one. (Very close to what we do, - only the shape is different).

I certainly do like courgette fritters served with creamy tofu/lemon sauce. I'll see whether I have any energy left by this evening and may make some. o_O

Reactions: Val and PTree15
How does coconut milk, maple syrup and lemon juice make a glaze? I feel like they left out the powdered sugar. Don’t you need something as a thickener?

I always used powdered sugar for glazes. I realize they want to make it healthier by using maple syrup instead of sugar but I don’t see how this would work unless the coconut milk is super thick, like the solid part of it when it’s cold. But it doesn’t say that. It just says 1/4 cup of full fat coconut milk.

B92547CA-FDF6-4893-8046-F59C66C3E1AC.pngE7CAB566-8587-4CDF-8675-D0A510938425.png

Reactions: Val
Oddly, almighty google come came up empty - it just reverted to general smoothies.. Yes, bananas come to mind.
Any others - even veggie suggestions would be great (Not nuts - seeds - dried fruit)
I always hesitate to do a chocolate smoothie cause all I can think to put in it is a banana w/cocoa powder & broccoli stalks or spinach.
Thanks a bunch, get it?

Oddly, almighty google come came up empty - it just reverted to general smoothies.. Yes, bananas come to mind.
Any others - even veggie suggestions would be great (Not nuts - seeds - dried fruit)
I always hesitate to do a chocolate smoothie cause all I can think to put in it is a banana w/cocoa powder & broccoli stalks or spinach.
Thanks a bunch, get it?

Most ingredients pair with chocolate when making smoothies:

Raspberries, blueberries, strawberries,tangerines, oranges, avocados.
Kale, spinach
Peanut butter (you said no nuts/seeds)
Coffee
Mint
Maple syrup

A few examples :

Chocolate, banana, coffee
Chocolate, kale, berries
Chocolate, peanut butter, banana, maple syrup
Chocolate, avocado,spinach, berries
Chocolate, banana,blueberries
Chocolate, orange, mint

Um... This is probably going to sound weird... But I'm not very familiar with lentils. I use beans, TVP and chickpeas. Lentils are like from another planet.
Altough I have heard that they are easy to cook with, tasty and healthy. And everytime I have eaten anything with lentils, it has been delicious!

So I have been wondering, how much is one portion of dry red lentils? Is it the same as with TVP and 0,5 dl when dry?

A serving of red lentils, dry, is 1/4 cup or 52g based on a bag of Bob’s Red Mills brand. Keep in mind they do grow and unlike brown lentils, turn to mush real fast. Red lentils are my favorite.
Not sure if this answers your question but I hope it helps.

A serving of red lentils, dry, is 1/4 cup or 52g based on a bag of Bob’s Red Mills brand. Keep in mind they do grow and unlike brown lentils, turn to mush real fast. Red lentils are my favorite.
Not sure if this answers your question but I hope it helps.
This helps a ton! Thank you so much. :)
I like the mushy mushines of red lentils. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas and KLS52
I would say that it doesn't really matter and to cook enough to have leftovers. You can add them to a salad; veggie burgers, soup etc. I never cook lentils just for one meal. :)
Thank you for the ideas. :)
I wouldn't make them for one meal either, but I have to know the right measurements in order to make three days worth of food. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
I am looking for a good, easy cauliflower steak recipe. Do you just eat the steak or add other stuff? I am not a fan of cauliflower except in Indian food or made into buffalo bites. I just wanted to try it out.

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
I want to try my hand at making my own Thai yellow curry. Most of the recipes call for curry paste. Do I have to have curry paste because I don’t have any but I have a bunch of spices. I then found this recipe. Does it sound like it could work by just adding the spices/curry?
For those of you who make curries, let me know what you think. I really want it to taste authentic, like the one I get at the Thai restaurant here. Thanks!

1 cup coconut milk
  • 1 cup vegetable broth
  • 1 potato (pre-cooked and chopped)
  • 2 carrots (pre-cooked and sliced)
  • 1 cup broccoli
  • 1/2 head cauliflower (chopped)
  • 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated or minced)
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 3 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
  • 2 teaspoons curry powder
  • 3 tablespoons chili sauce
  • 1/3 teaspoon salt (use sea salt or kosher salt)

I want to try my hand at making my own Thai yellow curry. Most of the recipes call for curry paste. Do I have to have curry paste because I don’t have any but I have a bunch of spices. I then found this recipe. Does it sound like it could work by just adding the spices/curry?
For those of you who make curries, let me know what you think. I really want it to taste authentic, like the one I get at the Thai restaurant here. Thanks!

1 cup coconut milk
  • 1 cup vegetable broth
  • 1 potato (pre-cooked and chopped)
  • 2 carrots (pre-cooked and sliced)
  • 1 cup broccoli
  • 1/2 head cauliflower (chopped)
  • 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated or minced)
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 3 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
  • 2 teaspoons curry powder
  • 3 tablespoons chili sauce
  • 1/3 teaspoon salt (use sea salt or kosher salt)
Chili sauce? I use a lot of chili-garlic sauce like this-
1591910843004.pngDo you like coconut in curry? I so much prefer to get it out, but I my Thai place moved