Breed Specific Legislation

Urban Gardener

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan

Four years ago, a mostly-pit adopted me. I had been thinking I would adopt a smaller dog when I had a better job and savings. But this guy needed a home and would have probably been murdered otherwise (surrendered to a high kill shelter). So of course I saved his life, and he’s made my life a lot better.

Now BSL (breed specific legislation) is part of our lives. It’s mostly a regional thing in the US, and it’s pretty easy to avoid right now. But if we ever wanted to move to another country, our options would be limited by it (see the list).

BSL makes no sense. The problem
is the abusive practices that cause dogs to become dangerous.

Instead of targeting breeds, target dog fighting and other forms of animal cruelty. That’s the real issue.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas

Four years ago, a mostly-pit adopted me. I had been thinking I would adopt a smaller dog when I had a better job and savings. But this guy needed a home and would have probably been murdered otherwise (surrendered to a high kill shelter). So of course I saved his life, and he’s made my life a lot better.

Now BSL (breed specific legislation) is part of our lives. It’s mostly a regional thing in the US, and it’s pretty easy to avoid right now. But if we ever wanted to move to another country, our options would be limited by it (see the list).

BSL makes no sense. The problem
is the abusive practices that cause dogs to become dangerous.

Instead of targeting breeds, target dog fighting and other forms of animal cruelty. That’s the real issue.

It looks like the two of you were meant to be.

• Friendly
Reactions: Urban Gardener