Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today it was toast with vegan butter and cherry preserves.

Most days I rotate OATS piled up with dried fruit, nuts, seeds, nut butter, cinnamon and maple syrup / TOFU SCRAMBLE in a bowl with cubed potatoes, chopped peppers, chopped onions, garlic, spinach, and nutritional yeast / PANCAKES with a side of smokey tempeh.

Always with coffee.

It IS surprising how many prepackaged granolas are made with honey. Swap that for maple syrup and these companies would have a pile more customers.

What did you eat for breakfast today?

I ate a huge bowl of Cheerios! There's quite a lot of animal free cereal at supermarkets, I see honey in a lot of granola unfortunately though. :pensive:
Pinterest has the most awesome granola recipes ever, i just made a huge batch and it was so cheap and easy, just mixing and pop it in the oven for a bit and it was done! Check them out!

Reactions: Emma JC
Saturday morning breakfast is almost always the same.

Split red lentils (1/4 cup) rinsed and boiled with 3/4 cup of steel cut oats and some frozen cranberries in the mixture and 2 tablespoons of ground flax added before serving.

Frozen wild blueberries in the bottom of the bowl, other mixed frozen berries thawed and added to the top along with a sliced banana.

Before adding the banana and berries on the top we sprinkle turmeric/pepper mix, hemp seeds.

A tablespoon of maple syrup drizzled over the top.

A side of sprouted toast with peanut butter on it.

Keeps us satisfied right through to dinnertime.

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15
Saturday morning breakfast is almost always the same.

Split red lentils (1/4 cup) rinsed and boiled with 3/4 cup of steel cut oats and some frozen cranberries in the mixture and 2 tablespoons of ground flax added before serving.

Frozen wild blueberries in the bottom of the bowl, other mixed frozen berries thawed and added to the top along with a sliced banana.

Before adding the banana and berries on the top we sprinkle turmeric/pepper mix, hemp seeds.

A tablespoon of maple syrup drizzled over the top.

A side of sprouted toast with peanut butter on it.

Keeps us satisfied right through to dinnertime.

Emma JC
That sounds delicious! I had overnight oats in almond milk with peanut butter, cocoa, cinnamon, maple syrup and walnuts.

Now that my work/life schedule is "normal" I have started eating properly again, so I am eating my usual brekky "Oats as cold cereal" which is much better than that sounds. *Realistic horse noises*

1/4 cup quick oats (Dont cook em!)
2 tbs flax meal
1/4 cup-ish sunflower seeds (dehulled)
1/4 cup raisins
Handful blueberries
cinnamon
drizzle of maple syrup
Soy milk stired in until it was just a little bit soupy (the oats will absorb the liquid a bit)

I used to eat this almost every morning, either the way described above or the "overnight" variant that used rolled oats (I would add the berries the next day with that one)

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I ate crunchy peanut butter straight from the jar for breakfast. Crunchy peanut butter is the ultimate quick, cheap, and yummy breakfast.

Reactions: TofuRobot
Standard for me lately: Steel cut style oats with frozen blueberries, chopped almonds, walnuts, & dates, flax meal, 1 banana, + soymilk and a really tiny drizzle of maple syrup. Heated up after mixing in the microwave for 30 secs.

I did NOT have NuttZo on toast.... But I did dip some dried mango in it a couple of times - just before I sent my kid to his dad's house with it, LOL

Half a grapefruit, a piece of WW toast with peanut butter and a mug of black coffee.

Ooooh peanut butter. I nearly bought a tin (whilst I was shopping) but it was a bit expensive so I put it back. :worried:
Peanut butter expensive? o_O I have never heard anyone say that before. Do you live in a region where peanut butter is uncommon? Here it is about as cheap as one can get, calorie to calorie.

Peanut butter expensive? o_O I have never heard anyone say that before. Do you live in a region where peanut butter is uncommon? Here it is about as cheap as one can get, calorie to calorie.

It was + 3 Euros per tin. I always buy sugar free pb so it does work out more expensive.

It was + 3 Euros per tin. I always buy sugar free pb so it does work out more expensive.
Oh wow, plain (just blended peanuts) peanut butter is about $1.50 US here. How much are just bulk peanuts? If they are cheap, then you can make your own super easily. Presuming you have a blender or food processor.

Oh wow, plain (just blended peanuts) peanut butter is about $1.50 US here. How much are just bulk peanuts? If they are cheap, then you can make your own super easily. Presuming you have a blender or food processor.

I do have a FP but it won't grind nuts into a paste. I think that the motor had it when I tried to grind desiccated coconut into butter.

• Wow
Status
Not open for further replies.