Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have broken out of my "I don't like oatmeal" mold! What I realized is that I don't like the way most people compile their oatmeal. See, I don't like cold oatmeal. Yet, I want oatmeal to have frozen berries, bananas (that, much to my dismay, I'm having to keep in the fridge to protect them from the crazy fruit flies we are having right now), and of course the plant milk is in the fridge, as are my nuts. By the time I'm done topping my oatmeal with all this stuff, it's cold. 😢

SO, being the slow-learning genius that I am, I have found the perfect solution, and now I LOVE oatmeal!

My solution? Upside-down oatmeal!

While my Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats are on the stove cooking, I pour some frozen berries or cherries in a bowl and warm them up in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Then I grind my flax seeds and bash up some walnuts, chop up 3 large medjool dates, and slice a banana on top of the no-longer-frozen berries/cherries. After the oatmeal is cooked, I put it on top of the fruit, top it with the dates and nuts and some plant milk (Milkadamia, if I'm feeling fancy). I also don't like my oatmeal "homogenized," so I don't stir it up (I used to date a guy who would thoroughly stir his oatmeal till it was a homogenized bowl of mush - drove me nuts --- and this is another reason why I'm not a fan of "overnight oats"). So, the oatmeal stays warm, and I can taste the individual goodies I add to the oatmeal separately in every bite.

So, that's what I had this morning - Upside-down oatmeal, TofuRobot style. :D

Proves that old dogs can learn new tricks ;)

Today I ate eggs and pieces of bread. In my ideal healthy breakfast, I normally eat eggs, breads, almonds, dates, milk, greek yogurt, and coffee. Almonds and dates are beneficial for health. Every morning, I eat 7 almonds and 5-10 dates. And coffee is an amazing beverage to start your day.
FYI - Your breakfast sounds great, without the milk & eggs (which are of course neither healthy nor vegan), and Kit Hill makes a great plant-based Greek yogurt, I'm told (their cream cheese is to die for, which is made from almond milk).

https://nutritionfacts.org/?s=eggs
https://nutritionfacts.org/?s=milk

Whole grain toast with AussieMite (Vegemite substitute made by Aussie company), homemade hash browns, and chickpea scramble(sprouted chickpeas (blended) and cooked with sauteed mushrooms, salt, pepper, turmeric, and a little oil used to saute the mushrooms and brown the hash browns. ) Also, broccoli and pickle slices.

This morning (being Thanksgiving) we are having breakfast beans with jalapeno and onion and spices added, Ikea potato pancakes, Apple Sage sausage and grapefruit for the appetizer.

Emma JC

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I always have oats with flaxseed, oat milk, walnuts, peanut butter & blueberries 🤤
Yum! I do overnight oats with some of the same ingredients, but I use almond milk instead of oat milk.

Today, I didn't eat breakfast per se, but my first meal (in the afternoon :D) was a black bean burger with vegan mayo, hot sauce, mustard and pickles on toasted bread and a handful of green grapes.

Yum! I do overnight oats with some of the same ingredients, but I use almond milk instead of oat milk.

Today, I didn't eat breakfast per se, but my first meal (in the afternoon :D) was a black bean burger with vegan mayo, hot sauce, mustard and pickles on toasted bread and a handful of green grapes.
To be fair I sometimes have almond milk or cashew milk. Whatever we have.

That sounds DELICIOUS.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
To be fair I sometimes have almond milk or cashew milk. Whatever we have.

That sounds DELICIOUS.
It was! A few weeks ago, my friend and I canned a whole bunch of beans, and some of the jars didn't seal properly, so I had to use them up. My freezer is full of bean burgers, haha. I will be eating a bunch of those for a while.

I tend to eat the same things everyday for breakfast and lunch for a long streak. Most days for breakfast lately, I have a Hillary's Apple Maple "sausage" on a whole wheat English muffin with two cups of black coffee.

Was in a rush and not very hungry this morning so all I had was coffee with raw sugar and Tahini milk, followed by a few bananas.

I am having a cold-brew coffee and some grapes. Not that hungry this morning.

7 grain pancakes this time with fresh squeezed orange in the batter, as well as cinnamon, and hot tea.

I went to bed at 730 last night and woke at 6 am on a Saturday. Lol. I hope this was just a needed rest and I'm not sick.

Reactions: Emma JC
I made pancakes with my 7 grain pancake mix, but added fresh cranberries, fresh squeezed orange, pumpkin pie spices, and pecans. I used a little agave syrup to sweeten instead of maple syrup.

I also have coffee.

Reactions: Emma JC
My breakfasts tend to vary.

Yesterday, I "grilled" potatoes on a cast iron griddle and ate them with a veggie dog and cranberry sauce.

Today, I ate homebaked sourdough bread with raspberry jam.

I always drink coffee with breakfast, unless I'm not feeling well, in which case coffee doesn't appeal to me.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
My usual smoothie today and shortly I will have a whole wheat torilla rolled up with peanut butter and jam inside as I have a funeral to go to and don't wish to have my stomach growling during it.

Smoothie: frozen mixed berries, banana, brown ground flax, powdered peanut butter, greens powder, almond milk

Emma JC

Status
Not open for further replies.