Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm eating some protein balls that my yoga instructor gave me last night. She said they were date-based, but one is clearly almost all peanut butter, and another one looks and tastes more like dried apricots. Either way, they are delicious with my morning coffee.

coffee, grapefruit and banana, and bean'wich which is an onion and jalapeno sauted in a small pot then a can of breakfast beans added to it and then put on a piece of toast, layer another piece of toast then more beans... yum

Emma JC

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Half a raw red bell pepper
Spoon of hummus
Some sunflowerseeds
A piece of raw zucchini
A couple of raw carrots

All cut and mixed into a salad.

Oat cracker with coconut fat and speculoos pasta and a dark chocolate easter egg for dessert.

I cooked up lots of homemade hash browns and flat bread yesterday so I decided to have some this morning:

Tacos: Whole wheat flat wraps filled with my hash browns, some leek, tomatoes, Cos lettuce, broccoli, apple cider vinegar and salt.

Reactions: Emma JC
Two bananas.
Salad of finely cut carrots, cucumber, hummus, mayo, truffel, cumin, curcumin and basilicum.

Two ( or three) slices of organic wholegrain bread , toasted , with avocado and tomato on top .. Sometimes l put hummus on top instead , or one of each .. One cup of coffee with oat milk and a bit of pure organic stevia .. Absolute yum ! I used to put alfalfa on top of the tomato years ago , but can no longer source it here .. Making my own is an option , if l feel like it .

By the way , Slonaut , l love your signature sentence , above ..
Peace and joy to all beings ... x

Thanks Blissful, love your name!

A few dates as starter.

Broccoli, shortly boiled, corn salad, a big blop of hummus, lemon juice, pressed garlic, cumin, curcuma, soysauce, and tabasco, woaaahh!

Brunch:

High fiber whole wheat sandwiches filled with hash browns, sliced tomato, spring onion, Cos lettuce, broccoli, hot English mustard, salt, Italian sauce and a small dab of ketchup.

Experimented with my steel cut oats this morning - added lentils to them. I was planning on using the tiny red lentils or split red lentils and I found I had only brown and green lentils so I used the green. I put rinsed them and put them in the water while it was heating up and then added the steel cut so altogether they likely cooked for 30-40 minutes. Had them the usual way after that with berries, half a banana, flax, hemp hearts, walnuts, cinnamon, turmeric and maple syrup.

It was tasty and because of the lentils I chewed more often and it didn't really change the taste, just made me feel good to have added a pulse to my breakfast so it wasn't quite so carb heavy. Basically did 1/2 cup of lentils with 2/3 cup steel cut oats. I didn't eat it all so still have half to reheat tomorrow.

Emma JC

Last edited:
Whole wheat toast, babagaosh and baby portabella mushrooms. Had two slices of chao with it. Making risotto now.

To start the day I had peanut butter coffee: Coffee mixed with raw sugar and peanut butter.

For breakfast:

Basmati brown rice salad with tofu and veggies:

Steamed basmati brown rice (from pre-soaked)
Caramelized onion
tofu scramble
broccoli
Cos lettuce
tomato
soy sauce
salt
liquid smoke
dab of olive oil
Ginger spice

a smoothie and the leftover steel cut oat/lentil mix from yesterday

both good

Emma JC

Breakfast:

Hash browns, scrambled tofu, spring onion, broccoli, apple cider vinegar, salt, and sauce.
Sauce ingredients: Soaked pepitas, tomato sauce, softened pitted dates - blended well.

Breakfast wraps this morning:

Homemade whole wheat wraps stuffed with:

Homemade hash browns
Broccoli
Diced tomato
Cos lettuce and spinach
Spring onion
Sweet tangy spread
Vinegar
Salt

Spread: A mixture of Tahini, Hot English mustard and Sweet chili

Status