Northeast Boston Vegetarian Food Fest

I would love to but I can never seem to actually do it. Part of it is my social anxiety, my heart and head want to do so many things and the I chicken out, lol... and other part is usually just the timing of it. As it turns out I will be in Boston tomorrow through Monday so I don't know if I can swing it again in October. Do you do a day trip or do you stay overnight? It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive from here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to but I can never seem to actually do it. Part of it is my social anxiety, my heart and head want to do so many things and the I chicken out, lol... and other part is usually just the timing of it. As it turns out I will be in Boston tomorrow through Monday so I don't know if I can swing it again in October. Do you do a day trip or do you stay overnight? It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive from here.

I do a day trip. It's about two hours for me between driving and public transportation. I usually drive most of the way then and take either the commuter rail or the T in because I loathe driving in the city. I completely understand if you can't come, and there's no pressure or anything, but you could come to my place Friday night and stay over, and we could go together on Saturday. And if it's too late for you to drive home on Saturday, you could always stay over until Sunday (and we could go to ION for Sunday brunch :D !). (This also would give me serious incentive to get my guest room in order, lol.)

I do a day trip. It's about two hours for me between driving and public transportation. I usually drive most of the way then and take either the commuter rail or the T in because I loathe driving in the city. I completely understand if you can't come, and there's no pressure or anything, but you could come to my place Friday night and stay over, and we could go together on Saturday. And if it's too late for you to drive home on Saturday, you could always stay over until Sunday (and we could go to ION for Sunday brunch :D !). (This also would give me serious incentive to get my guest room in order, lol.)

That sounds really nice. I wish I could join you.:D

While I most likely will not take you up on it, that is the nicest invitation...thanks so much! I just mentioned it to my friend/co-worker so maybe she will be up for the ride. And we could swing by pick you up if you would like. We would definitely stay overnight so if you didn't want to drive back you could stay with us, too! I will definitely give it serious thought. Just keep in mind, my track record for following through really sucks, lol. And it's not because I don't want to, but just because it seems to be my nature, lately. :)

Yeah, I'm in again, barring any unforeseen happenings between now and then. I am down to my last bar of Fanciful Fox soap... gotta stock up. I am sure your fudge sauce is long gone PTree.
Indeed, it is! I will be buying a few of them, I'm sure. I love that stuff.

While I most likely will not take you up on it, that is the nicest invitation...thanks so much! I just mentioned it to my friend/co-worker so maybe she will be up for the ride. And we could swing by pick you up if you would like. We would definitely stay overnight so if you didn't want to drive back you could stay with us, too! I will definitely give it serious thought. Just keep in mind, my track record for following through really sucks, lol. And it's not because I don't want to, but just because it seems to be my nature, lately. :)

It's all good, KLS. I figured I'd just throw it out there in case you were up for it. I do hope you go, though! There are so many cool things to sample. Plus, outside they usually have a vegan ice cream truck, Like No Udder. Their soft serve rocks. It's the first thing I get when I arrive. :D And thank you for the invite as well. :) I probably will drive because there is a good chance I will visit some family on the way back. :)

Reactions: KLS52
Soft serve! I miss that. :lick:

So GingerFoxx could not make the fest, but Scorpius did with her beau and we had a great time scouting out goodies and reveling in veganness. After they left, I met a really nice woman and her daughter, both of whom kept me company while I ate awesome vegan soft tacos. We are now Facebook friends.

Here are a few pics of the festivities.
20161022_102418-480x640.jpg 20161022_104608-480x640.jpg 20161022_101550-640x480.jpg 20161023_083348-640x480.jpg

The vegan ice cream was my breakfast, haha. It was vanilla and chocolate with crushed Oreos and peanut butter sauce. I love Like No Udder vegam ice cream! Also not pictured is the amazing chocolate cupcake with salted caramel frosting that I had for dessert from FoMu bakery.

My above haul included raw Chipotle crackers and a cereal trail mix with Indian spices along with garlic and herb artisan cheese. I also bought a t-shirt this year and another canvas tote.

I noticed that a few vendors who were there last year did not attend, among them Gardein, which was slightly disappointing because I love sampling their goods, and a few soap makers. I also noticed more fashion vendors this year who were selling jewelry, purses and wallets.

One of the more intriguing vendors offered vegan excursions to Italy, Peru and Puerto Rico. I love the idea of this as all the food would be vegan so you wouldn't have to stress/plan regarding finding good food to enjoy.

Reactions: Scorpius
I debated about trying to attend day two today, but the event is only open til 4pm, which, once I factor in travel time via public transportation, wouldn't have left enough time to really peruse before things start closing down. Next year, I guess.

It' that time again. I would love to go, but I am feeling a bit under the weather with a cold. Any of you New Englanders going? @GingerFoxx, Scorpius?
I might go Sunday if I feel better. We'll see.

It' that time again. I would love to go, but I am feeling a bit under the weather with a cold. Any of you New Englanders going? @GingerFoxx, Scorpius?
I might go Sunday if I feel better. We'll see.
With everything I am juggling lately, I am completely out of the loop on this event this year. Is it this weekend? I have plans all day tomorrow and it's too short notice to head down there today.

With everything I am juggling lately, I am completely out of the loop on this event this year. Is it this weekend? I have plans all day tomorrow and it's too short notice to head down there today.
Yes, it is today and tomorrow. I had almost forgotten it as well, as I have been juggling a lot, too.They finally have expanded to two floors, with a seating area on the second floor. The speakers are across the way in another building. I still feel like I need to rest up with this cold, but I might go tomorrow if I feel better.

Yes, it is today and tomorrow. I had almost forgotten it as well, as I have been juggling a lot, too.They finally have expanded to two floors, with a seating area on the second floor. The speakers are across the way in another building. I still feel like I need to rest up with this cold, but I might go tomorrow if I feel better.

Will you be going to the festive today, @PTree15 ? ;)