Northeast Boston Vegetarian Food Fest

Please check back in and let us know how it was!

We had a great time, apart from the one aspect which is an issue every year, and that is the crowds. As much as it's not nice to shuffle around like herded livestock, it shows there is a strong positive interest in the issues from the surrounding community.

I was just thinking it's too bad the message board didn't have a little table set up. PTree and I could have raved about how helpful it is to have support from the online community, and worked on boosting the New England membership on this board.

That said, we got to sample a lot of foods from different vegan restaurants and food companies, talk to folks from different animal sanctuaries and rights groups, admire pretty vegan clothing, and come home with some to-die-for delectable vegan bakery treats, and handmade vegan soaps that smell good enough to eat!

I second everything GingerFoxx said. It was wonderful (and so nice to hang out with a boardie!), apart from the massive crowds. I really think they need to consider a bigger venue next year. I think I may have to write them a letter about this ;). It is great to see the interest, though. I think it gets bigger every year.

Some of the highlights: I finally got try the Gardein crabless cakes. OMG, I am going to hunt high and low to find these in my area. They were delicious. It's just nice to have something so tasty and ready to eat when you don't feel like making everything from scratch. I think Gardein could take over the world. ;)

I also noticed a bit of theme with some of the restaurants: a version of vegan barbecued pulled pork. Some used seitan and others used jack fruit (this was the first time I tried jack fruit, and I thought it was awesome!). They all were delicious.

I got to restock my supply of vegan hot fudge as well. This stuff is so good. And I got a new thing: it's a nut butter but it has vegan marshmallow and chocolate so that it resembles s'mores. Freakin amazing stuff, let me tell you. I bought two jars, hahaha. I might even give my sister some, as she adores s'mores. This stuff would be great on graham crackers or saltines. We got to sample it with pretzels. It melted in my mouth.

And as soon as I got to the event, I headed straight for the Like No Udder vegan ice cream truck and promptly got some self-serve chocolate vanilla twist with drizzled peanut butter sauce. Breakfast of champions!

Last edited:
Reactions: ledboots and KLS52
image.jpeg

Some of my haul from today's adventure. Not pictured is the amazing pumpkin whoopie pie that I thoroughly enjoyed on my train ride out of Boston, and the countless coupons, business cards and fliers I collected.

ETA: The green squares are wrapped-up vegan soaps: I got licorice, chocolate mint and lemon poppy seed. They do indeed smell good enough to eat.

Last edited:
Sounds magnificent! So glad you both got to enjoy it! :)

Reactions: PTree15
Oh... and one of the vendors was a company that makes CAFFEINATED peanut butter, as a slow-release, energizing alternative to coffee.
And it was really good! I might even order a jar of it at some point.

I second everything GingerFoxx said. It was wonderful (and so nice to hang out with a boardie!), apart from the massive crowds. I really think they need to consider a bigger venue next year. I think I may have to write them a letter about this ;). It is great to see the interest, though. I think it gets bigger every year.

Some of the highlights: I finally got try the Gardein crabless cakes. OMG, I am going to hunt high and low to find these in my area. They were delicious. It's just nice to have something so tasty and ready to eat when you don't feel like making everything from scratch. I think Gardein could take over the world. ;)

I also noticed a bit of theme with some of the restaurants: a version of vegan barbecued pulled pork. Some used seitan and others used jack fruit (this was the first time I tried jack fruit, and I thought it was awesome!). They all were delicious.

I got to restock my supply of vegan hot fudge as well. This stuff is so good. And I got a new thing: it's a nut butter but it has vegan marshmallow and chocolate so that it resembles s'mores. Freakin amazing stuff, let me tell you. I bought two jars, hahaha. I might even give my sister some, as she adores s'mores. This stuff would be great on graham crackers or saltines. We got to sample it with pretzels. It melted in my mouth.

And as soon as I got to the event, I headed straight for the Like No Udder vegan ice cream truck and promptly got some self-serve chocolate vanilla twist with drizzled peanut butter sauce. Breakfast of champions!

I totally agree and find that they taste fabulous. I really must move to Gardein and Daiya land !!!

Where are the photos of you lot ? I would love to see all of you.

I totally agree and find that they taste fabulous. I really must move to Gardein and Daiya land !!!

Where are the photos of you lot ? I would love to see all of you.
Neither one of us had a smartphone so no pics of us. :(

Here is the peanut butter company that sold the S'mores peanut butter. Gourmet Peanut Butter Artisians| The Peanut Principle

They also make a rocky road variety I am eyeing, along with dozens of other sweet and savoury varieties of nut butter, including some you don't often see in stores, like Brazil nut and pistachio.

The promo code "Summer" gets you free shipping on orders over $35, and the guy at the festival tipped us off that there will be a 25% off promotion for Cyber Monday (Nov 30)

Last edited:
Here is the peanut butter company that sold the S'mores peanut butter. Gourmet Peanut Butter Artisians| The Peanut Principle

They also make a rocky road variety I am eyeing, along with dozens of other sweet and savoury varieties of nut butter, including some you don't often see in stores, like Brazil nut and pistachio.

The shipping code "SUMMER" gets you free shipping on orders over $35, and the guy at the festival tipped us off that there will be a 25% off promotion for Cyber Monday (Nov 30)
That guy was great! I might order a few to include in gift baskets for Christmas gifts.

Soooooo, I'm going and I'm pretty sure GingerFoxx is going. @Scorpius are you coming this year?
My only gripe is that it needs to be in a bigger place, as it gets sooooo crowded in there. But that's a good thing because it means more people are checking out the veggie way. :D

So, any other takers? KLS?

Boston Veg Food Fest

ETA: Oh, and this year I have a smartphone, so I can post some pics. :)

Last edited:
Soooooo, I'm going and I'm pretty sure GingerFoxx is going. @Scorpius are you coming this year?
My only gripe is that it needs to be in a bigger place, as it gets sooooo crowded in there. But that's a good thing because it means more people are checking out the veggie way. :D

So, any other takers? KLS?

Boston Veg Food Fest

ETA: Oh, and this year I have a smartphone, so I can post some pics. :)

Yeeeees lots of pix please.:D