Nutrition & Diet August Health Challenge

Down about 13 pounds...can't believe how slow it's going but supposedly it's how it should be with WW. Didn't move much the last two weeks but the 5k race/walk is in 5 weeks so I will be kicking it up a notch (hopefully, ha). Won't be as hot as it has been this week so I'm starting with a brisk walk this morning. :)

ETA: Thinking about this thread title...Challenge...and it is.

Reactions: PTree15
Down about 13 pounds...can't believe how slow it's going but supposedly it's how it should be with WW. Didn't move much the last two weeks but the 5k race/walk is in 5 weeks so I will be kicking it up a notch (hopefully, ha). Won't be as hot as it has been this week so I'm starting with a brisk walk this morning. :)

ETA: Thinking about this thread title...Challenge...and it is.

That is fabulous KLS. How did you manage to do it besides the walking ?

I'm following the migraine plan ( not to the letter) and have less migraines. I also have to lose a few kilos but am getting there.

^^^liking your way to go, not your failure, lol. :)

Reactions: PTree15
That is fabulous KLS. How did you manage to do it besides the walking ?
10-15 minutes of Pilates with an exercise band, barely 2-3 times a week. It's mostly just sticking to my allotted 26 Weight Watcher points. I never go over, not even to use the additional 49 points a week for a cheat day. I can't imagine losing weight if I did use them since I'm pretty much only losing half a pound a week being as strict as I am. I'm sure if I could make myself be more active it would be a big help. I just don't really feel ready, yet. Hopefully, that will change as I see more results.

I have to say, I could stay where I'm at and be very satisfied, but another 3-4 lbs. will make me feel better once I go on maintenance, in case I gain a little as I adjust to eating a little more to maintain.

And just for the record, in case anyone is wondering, I am reaching for an attainable weight that is healthy for my age and size. My cholesterol has been a little high so I am hoping that dropping these few pounds will help with that. I do not want to go on medication for high cholesterol. :)

KLS, that is awesome! Keep up the great work. Shyvas, so glad you are having fewer migraines! It's amazing how diet can affect our health.
Chryssie, I like your never-give-up attitude. :)

I had a pretty good July exercise-wise, though I am slipping with the sleep goals a bit, so I will try again to get 8 hours a night. I will continue with the five days of exercise a week and doing crunches three days a week. My weight has stayed the same again, which is great. I think this is the longest stretch of maintenance ever for me. I will aim to keep it that way.:)

Reactions: KLS52