Any vegans bean to newfoundland canada?

windrose

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
My wife and l are planning a two to 3 week trip to Newfoundland this coming summer. This is the home of meat and fish, Moose meat and Cod, as well as Lobster! We are trying to contact anyone that has been there or lives there that may offer suggestions for dining/accommodations.

I grew up on the east coast of Canada. I've been to Newfoundland a few times but many decades ago. What I can tell you is the people and hospitality in Newfoundland is beyond friendly. I am 100% certain they will accommodate you. They'll accommodate you before you even ask. I'm not joking.

I can't say about the more remote areas of Newfoundland, but St. John's seems to have a good selection of places.
This link might be helpful:
https://www.happycow.net/north_america/canada/newfoundland/

Thanks Veganite..I do have the Happy Cow app but find it somewhat lacking. I think because it is difficult to add to their lists. I have many friends on the "Rock" and wanted to see a few of their families in person.

Well, when you're on the "Rock" I hope you don't kiss any cod. I do, however, hope you have a great time, and eat lots of good vegan food.

I have no doubt that locals will also be happy to help you or point you in the right direction. Best of luck!

Hi! I was in newfoundland not too long ago as a vegan. I went with my family who are all not vegan and so options for accommodations were a little difficult. Most restaurants do offer a type of salad I just typically had to ask for not cheese or a different dressing. Typically my meals consisted of a salad and a side order of fries lol. Won't be the most nutritious meal but I promise you their fries are amazing.. So it's definitely still possible to eat vegan there!