Animals in fields

No it's not. But at least they don't spend their lives in factories. I would like to encourage those family and friends of mine who continue to eat meat to eat meat sourced in this way - as long as they are killed in a humane way there doesn't appear to be much suffering involved (which is the reason iv chosen to go vegan) x

Animals raised this way often translates into more expensive meat. Sometimes MUCH more expensive. A lot of people don't like to pay the extra money for this, because then they have less money for things like tvs or new clothes, or because then they'd have to eat less of it. (At least these are some of the excuses I've heard.)

If all the people who claim they ONLY ate free-range organic "happy" meat, there would be a lot less of the cheap nasty stuff on the market, fewer feed lots, etc.

Reactions: Danielle
Animals raised this way often translates into more expensive meat. Sometimes MUCH more expensive. A lot of people don't like to pay the extra money for this, because then they have less money for things like tvs or new clothes, or because then they'd have to eat less of it. (At least these are some of the excuses I've heard.)

If all the people who claim they ONLY ate free-range organic "happy" meat, there would be a lot less of the cheap nasty stuff on the market, fewer feed lots, etc.
yeah that's very true.. like I'd buy more games if they cost less.. :p

Most cows and sheep raised for meat actually spend part of their lives in fields. Here in the U.S., when they reach the right size, they are sent to feed lots where they are fattened up for slaughter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feedlot

It's a nice life only for a very short time, and only insofar as they're not exposed to the harsher elements.