The secret Carnism of Easter

BeverlyVallewind

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Greetings fellow children of Gaia upon this glorious day.

On a such a blessed holiday such as Easter, I was reflecting on the nature of life. I first became vegan by giving up meat for Lent years ago, and never went back. But as I pondered the spirit of Easter, a disturbing realisation dawned on me like the summer sun. Easter is Carnist propaganda for the meatriarchy (meat/patriarchy). Look at what we get our children to eat: Chocolate eggs and chocolate rabbits. They are idols to the blood-soaked cult that is Carnism.

I say this Easter we ditch that barbaric propoganda and push for a healthy vegan Easter.

Peace to you, children of Gaia. Bev xxx

On a such a blessed holiday such as Easter, I was reflecting on the nature of life. I first became vegan by giving up meat for Lent years ago, and never went back. But as I pondered the spirit of Easter, a disturbing realisation dawned on me like the summer sun. Easter is Carnist propaganda for the meatriarchy (meat/patriarchy). Look at what we get our children to eat: Chocolate eggs and chocolate rabbits. They are idols to the blood-soaked cult that is Carnism.

I say this Easter we ditch that barbaric propoganda and push for a healthy vegan Easter.

Goodness, if you can't tell the difference between chocolate shapes and real animals there must be something wrong with you! Should we ban jelly babies and gingerbread men or are you a cannibal?

I wonder what you think of vegan chocolate bunnies, or vegan chocolate eggs..? I know they're hard to find, but they do exist

Reactions: Brian W
I wonder what you think of vegan chocolate bunnies, or vegan chocolate eggs..? I know they're hard to find, but they do exist
Better for the fact that they are made pure, and without the needless suffering of animals, but it’s still encouraging kids to think that eating rabbits and eggs, regardless of meat or chocolate, is acceptable.

Easters origins are in rebirth, hence the eggs and the prolific breeding rabbits.
Better for the fact that they are made pure, and without the needless suffering of animals, but it’s still encouraging kids to think that eating rabbits and eggs, regardless of meat or chocolate, is acceptable.
I ate gingerbread men and never turned cannibal!
...and Sour Patch Kids 🫣

Taking this a bit too far...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Brian W
I would have never considered eating a rabbit, but that's just me I guess. Always loved the rabbit shaped chocolates though

On a semi-related note....
There is that old joke, "can vegans eat Animal Crackers?"

and of course they could. Who gets animal shaped crackers mixed up with animals.

however PETA made a huge effort to remove the bars from the cover of the box of animal crackers.

For more than a century, Nabisco’s Barnum’s Animals crackers have been sold in boxes that depict lions, gorillas, elephants, and other animals caged in a circus boxcar. But following discussions with PETA, in which we suggested a new design, the brand has redesigned the packaging to show animals free in nature instead of held captive in cages for human entertainment.​
The new box for Barnum’s Animals perfectly reflects that our society no longer tolerates caging and chaining exotic animals for circus shows.​

sounds a lot like video games causes violence because if you can kill people in a video game then that's training you to kill people in real life.. You can shape vegetables to look like animals, you can make it taste like meat, it does not count as carnism. What if you just shaped meat into a vegetable? Still meat.

• Agree
Reactions: Brian W and silva
On a semi-related note....
There is that old joke, "can vegans eat Animal Crackers?"

and of course they could. Who gets animal shaped crackers mixed up with animals.

however PETA made a huge effort to remove the bars from the cover of the box of animal crackers.

For more than a century, Nabisco’s Barnum’s Animals crackers have been sold in boxes that depict lions, gorillas, elephants, and other animals caged in a circus boxcar. But following discussions with PETA, in which we suggested a new design, the brand has redesigned the packaging to show animals free in nature instead of held captive in cages for human entertainment.​
The new box for Barnum’s Animals perfectly reflects that our society no longer tolerates caging and chaining exotic animals for circus shows.​

Hmmm...and mostly vegan.

I used to think vanilla wafers were vegan, but Nabisco ones are not. I doubt animal crackers would sub for those or graham crackers.
Nabisco original grahams are vegan but like twice the price! Sometimes I want a graham cracker crust and it p'ss's me off!

I guess it's kinda ironic that you can find vegan chocolate eggs and bunnies, but vegan jelly beans are rare :rofl:
I'd love if Jelly Belly flavors were vegan. I think it's the confectioners glaze. That just angers me too much to overlook.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I guess it's kinda ironic that you can find vegan chocolate eggs and bunnies, but vegan jelly beans are rare :rofl:
I'd love if Jelly Belly flavors were vegan. I think it's the confectioners glaze. That just angers me too much to overlook.
yumearth is certified vegan

Oh sure, and far more expensive 🙄.
I only liked Jelly Bellys for the wide variety of flavors--mocha, toasted marshmellow, banana, chocolate......
true I didn't like the prices when I saw them either