Vegan All Things Pumpkin

I just got Trader Joe's new edition of their Fearless Flyer, and they've got a TON of pumpkin stuff. I'm thinking of heading on over there to take a look.

I tried the pumpkin cereal and it was just okay. Not something I would get again.

I made pumpkin scones, and they were a big hit. My roommate keeps going in and eating more of them. :)

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Oh and I bought the body butter and gave it to a friend...she's always doing nice random things for me. It smells really good. I may have to go back and get one for myself!

I think this looks yummy and I think can be veganized.
Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler | Lauren's Latest
O....M....G....Chryssie, I think you have a winner, there! Between this, the beer I bought from TJ's yesterday and the cashew ice cream that's in the freezer, it's going to be a really bad weekend, lmao! (Bad, as in, still trying to "track points" with Weight Watchers). [emoji6]

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
O....M....G....Chryssie, I think you have a winner, there! Between this, the beer I bought from TJ's yesterday and the cashew ice cream that's in the freezer, it's going to be a really bad weekend, lmao! (Bad, as in, still trying to "track points" with Weight Watchers). [emoji6]

The cashew ice cream would really pair well with the self saucing pudding. Let us know when you make it.:p

Reactions: PTree15
I made this wfpb no oil no sugar, easy pumpkin bread from mashing up recipes-
2 cups pumpkin puree
1/2 cup applesauce
1 teas each cinnamon, ginger,
1/2 teas each allspice, nutmeg and cloves
5 pitted dates soaked in hot water to soften
blend this wet
2 cups flour- used 1 whole wheat and 1 white
2 teas baking powder
1 teas baking soda (bicarb)
Mix wet to dry and pour in a greased or lined loaf pan and bake at 350F covered in foil, for maybe 50 min-- I kept checking and adding time so not sure.
Came out really well. I added pecans but found I hate their texture!

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
I don't think I've ever had anything pumpkin without cinnamon and just the teensiest bit of nutmeg (not a fan) but that's probably because I've only done sweet pumpkin and not anything savory. If something says it is pumpkin flavored I always assume it's going to include cinnamon and nutmeg...but that's just my experience.

I love vanilla.

Pumpkin is good for cats with stomach issues.

Pumpkins are actually quite bland and sweet in taste. I think that the confusion about pumpkin spice is that is should be called
spice for pumpkins and not the other way around. Lots of people say that they dislike pumpkin style desserts/cakes etc because of
the very often, overwhelming taste of deep spices such as cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg and mace. :)

I also find that bakes in the US and Canada have a more overpowering taste of spices, compared to the UK ones. You really do have to
get the balance right to make the spices taste just right.:)

Pumpkins are actually quite bland and sweet in taste. I think that the confusion about pumpkin spice is that is should be called
spice for pumpkins and not the other way around. Lots of people say that they dislike pumpkin style desserts/cakes etc because of
the very often, overwhelming taste of deep spices such as cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg and mace. :)

I also find that bakes in the US and Canada have a more overpowering taste of spices, compared to the UK ones. You really do have to
get the balance right to make the spices taste just right.:)
I like pumpkin spice in so many things! That's what I use in my oatmeal, baked apples, quickbreads. I hardly ever have pumpkin things. My son uses it for acorn squash soup too.
I use those spices, except mace (?) as well as allspice, liberally. Esp. ginger, cloves and nutmeg!

Reactions: Val and KLS52
I like pumpkin spice in so many things! That's what I use in my oatmeal, baked apples, quickbreads. I hardly ever have pumpkin things. My son uses it for acorn squash soup too.
I use those spices, except mace (?) as well as allspice, liberally. Esp. ginger, cloves and nutmeg!

I also like spices (in the UK we have Mixed Spice instead of Pumpkin Spice) especially with autumn and winter fruits and vegetable. I have both plus each individual spice that I use differently depending on the food and dish that I'm going to make.

I find that most autumn fruits i.e. citrus, plums, quinces, apples, grapes and dried fruit pair particulary well with the warmth and depth of certain spices.
:)
The main difference that I find between the UK & US bakes is that in the former the spices are more delicate and the balance is better. The US pumpkin spice has more cloves and is less sweeter compared to the UK one where cinnamon is more dominant plus very often caraway which gives it a lighter note.

My most favourite spicy bake ever is the good old mince pie that we have during the festive season.

Reactions: Val and KLS52
I've probably used about 2 gallons worth of the Silk pumpkin spice coffee creamer so far this season. I love that stuff. :pumpkin:
I don’t think I’ve seen that one. I only use original Silk Creamer because I haven’t liked any of the flavored ones. Pumpkin spice sounds good though. I will have to scout around for it.

Reactions: Val