Vegan All Things Pumpkin

I am loving all the pumpkin flavored things, especially the teas! I just discovered this:
http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/holiday-teas/sweet-harvest-pumpkin. I love it. I was scared to try it because it wasn't caffeine free, but it doesn't seem to bother me. I have tried Twining's, Stash, and Bigelow's pumpkin teas and they are nowhere near as good as Celestial Seasonings.

I also saw Silk's Pumpkin Spice milk at the HFS yesterday. Can't wait for it to go on sale. Right now my HFS is the only place that is carrying it and I'm not willing to buy it for the price they are asking.

Reactions: sallyomally
Ooooo...I'm going to look for CS pumpkin tea. Sounds good!

Reactions: thefadedone
At Whole Foods today they had some HUGE pumpkins for $150!. I don't know how anyone could even lift them to get one in a truck. I should have snapped a picture.
:eek: I don 't know how anyone could afford to pay $150 for a pumpkin! They would have to be really, really into Halloween and decorating to spend that much on a huge pumpkin.

:eek: I don 't know how anyone could afford to pay $150 for a pumpkin! They would have to be really, really into Halloween and decorating to spend that much on a huge pumpkin.
I know! There were 4 giants that I saw, amongst the many normal sized ones ($6). so i guess they don't expect to sell many. The big ones are all lumpy and don't have the cool stems that are the best part of the pumpkin, imo.

Coconut-Pumpkin Soup

INGREDIENTS
2 medium carrots, chopped
1 medium green sweet pepper, seeded and chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 15 ounce can pumpkin
1 14 ounce can unsweetened light coconut milk
1 14 ounce can reduced-sodium vegetable broth
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 medium fresh jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro or parsley

I made the soup but with sweet potato instead of pumpkin and it was delicious. The shop I buy groceries from doesn't have pumpkins available for another few days yet.

Haha, that is what I thought.

My husband tells me that those giant $150 pumpkins have a lot of very valuable seeds inside. Apparently people pay big bucks for seeds so they can grow monstrous pumpkins and win contests.
http://www.hollandsgiants.com/seed.html
"Silver Bullet Seeds

Our Premium Seed Packets! All these seeds are harvested from pumpkins over 1,000-pounds. These seeds have the genetic potential to grow World Class Giant Pumpkins. The genetics are impeccable and the results should mean many new personal bests for giant pumpkin growers. 3 seeds per packet.

Silver Bullet Seeds

3 Count with Shippng with 1st Class Shipping $16.00 "

Although I don't think those wf ones weigh half a ton.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381071804086.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381071804086.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 196
My husband tells me that those giant $150 pumpkins have a lot of very valuable seeds inside. Apparently people pay big bucks for seeds so they can grow monstrous pumpkins and win contests.
http://www.hollandsgiants.com/seed.html
"Silver Bullet Seeds

Our Premium Seed Packets! All these seeds are harvested from pumpkins over 1,000-pounds. These seeds have the genetic potential to grow World Class Giant Pumpkins. The genetics are impeccable and the results should mean many new personal bests for giant pumpkin growers. 3 seeds per packet.

Silver Bullet Seeds

3 Count with Shippng with 1st Class Shipping $16.00 "

Although I don't think those wf ones weigh half a ton.

That is unbelievable ! I would get a whole year's dinner out of that monster.

I made this vegan pumpkin bread and it is perfect!
I actually made double the recipe, which is on the link referred to as having the snarky comments!
I used half the oil and added applesauce. That was my only change.
Used glass loaf pans and checked at 50 min., was done in an hour. Middle should be a bit wet when finished, but gets done as it cools.
http://hellyeahitsvegan.com/vegan-pumpkin-bread/

Reactions: KLS52