Aldi-Vegan Food Products

Destiny7777

Forum Devotee
Reaction score
where I live healthy eating isn't easy,
but we do have an Aldi.

I am looking for vegan items that you have found at Aldi's.

I have found their Little Salad Bar hummus and their Fit&Active Organic Soy milk.

Please help a new vegan by adding your finds at Aldi's!

TYSM

Mine sells Fit & Active almond milk most of the time.

Their gel cups (both with and without fruit) are vegan. They are like little jello snack cups - come four to a pack.

They have canned no fat refried beans which are vegan and which I like better than most brands found at regular grocery stores.

Stay away from their canned vegetarian chili - it sucks. It's really their only house brand that I haven't liked.

If I remember correctly, their canned lentil soup is vegan, and their canned minestrone is vegetarian (but not vegan).

Occasionally they will have special buys on Boca burgers.

Their fruits of the forest and the apple strudel (frozen section) are both vegan. These are available periodically through the year.

Reactions: Destiny7777
I love Aldis! <3

I like their blue torilla chips
I agree on their fat free refried beans. and taco shells! I like to spread the beans on a taco, add salsa, hot sauce, chopped lettuce.
Sometimes they have dried tomato and basil hummus, which I like.
Love their LaVie sparkeling lime water! Helped me kick the soda habit.
Bread is vegan! At least whole wheat
The fruits and veggies are always priced right, and they say where they've been grown. Often I find Rainforest certified grapes! Going on a Sunday morning. or Wed., things are fresh.
Frozen onion rings!
I really love that I don't have to notice the rotten meats
Often they have special items, sometimes even labeled vegan, like a black bean dip in a jar.
Their pasta sauces
The dry onion dip mix. For seitan and tofu, and soups
The Lacure (sp?) facial moisturizer is rated vegan if you do a web search. I like the one in the turquiose jar.

Mine has a food dehydrator and a veggie/rice steamer by Crofton I'm trying not to buy!:D
I have a tall fan by crofton that I love, as well as the long strainer that fits over a sink.

Sure about the cereals being vegan? I quit buying the Special K berry one because I thought it had D3. I like that one!
Seems like they've change formulas.
I wish I knew more about how they obtain D3. It's such a pain!

Sure about the cereals being vegan? I quit buying the Special K berry one because I thought it had D3. I like that one!
Seems like they've change formulas.
I wish I knew more about how they obtain D3. It's such a pain!

It doesn't specify D3, but it does say vitamin D on the box. So possibly not totally vegan, then.

The mint chocolate creme bar, the mint chocolate thins & the mint chocolate pringle shaped things (can't remember the name, sorry) lots of their crisps & biscuits - same as most supermarkets.

At the moment my aldi has the Nairn's oat biscuits for £1. The ginger stem ones are delicious.

Yep pretty much everything already mentioned. I just bought 2 boxes of vegan Chicken burgers for only $1.99 yesterday along with cheap produce:
mushrooms 99 cents
grape tomatoes- $1.29
bagged salad mix- 59 cents
baby carrots- 59 cents
bananas- 97 cents a bunch

I always buy my spices there since they are also cheap. Their condiments are also incredibly cheap and I'm addicted to their jarred artichoke hearts. Occasionally they will have Enviro Kids cereals like Gorilla Munch or Panda Paws. Organic teas/coffees also.

Our Aldis just had Boca chik'n- which I love!
Just had a salad with Tuscan Garden manzanilla olives- really like them, $1.00 a jar, with Grandessa Greek vinagrette dressing. Nice blend of olive oil, wine vinegar, spices and garlic cloves. They have two varities of artichoke- marinated and not. I like the not.
Never saw organic coffee! I never thought to look 'cause someone told me they tried the coffee and hated it. I have seen different kinds lately.
Their whole wheat bagels are vegan and good

Reactions: thefadedone
any crackers, etc.?
ALDI has their own brand of Triscuits which cost considerably less than the brand name and of course are vegan (just shredded wheat, vegetable oil and salt). I also love the produce which is always pretty cheap, and also they have Boca products occasionally that are well below supermarket prices. At ALDI it's almost always hit or miss with the vegan products but I've yet to make a trip there that I didn't find something that was worth driving out of my way.

Oh yes, their cola cubes are apparently too. :) & some other sweets I can't remember but will look up.

any crackers, etc.?
I love their triscuit type crackers! They have olive oil and black pepper,-- and rosemary! Sometimes they have way too much spices, but that's good because they make really good crumbs when crushed up! I had the black pepper ones I could never have eaten, but crushed up and breaded for tofu strips was perfectly seasoned! I love the rosemary ones as they are. I hope they're a keeper- but I think are a special:sigh:. So many things I love end up as seasonal or special buys.

Tonight I made rice-- white rice because I wanted to use it up.
Opened a can of their refried beans, a can of their tomatos and green chilis, and mixed it all up! :master: Really good!
I love fat free refried beans!
That was something I did a lot of when I first went veg. Salsa good with it too if you want it milder.

Oh yes, their cola cubes are apparently too. :) & some other sweets I can't remember but will look up.
What are calling "cola cubes"?
Our Aldis has cola bottle shaped gummies--Haribou--but they have gelatin.

I found the refried beans and some pita crackers - which are horribly bland right now
but I know I need to give things time