Aldi-Vegan Food Products

I'm not sure because I've never had them; they're actually cubes not the gummy sweets. I'll have a proper look when I next shop there (maybe I'll get some.) :)

Let me know how those potatoes are. Aldis always has the same brand, and were terrible. Looked really good, had no flavor, and cooked up funny.

They now have an organic pasta sauce in reg. marinara and basis garlic which is very good at $1.99. I got a few basil/garlic

Silva, I will admit that potatoes are hit and miss at Aldi but the ones I got today felt really firm... maybe because it is potato season in the northern hemisphere.

Just got back-- new hummus flavors, spicy and vegetable.
I opened the spicy which listed jalepano, garlic, coriander, cumin and black pepper. All I tasted was cumin! :( Not a big fan-- a little fan though...
It's probably really good if you like cumin a lot. I'm making brown rice now to have with peppers and onions - probably good with that.

One tablespoon of Aldis spice hummus = 1 teaspoon cumin.
I may use 1 T in a pot of lentil soup.

On a better note: i got Bentons maple creme sandwich cookies. They list as an allergan may have milk, but not in ingrediants.

I hate when stuff is overpowered by cumin. We have a jar of chilli and lime pickle and all you can taste is the cumin seeds.

Same here.
It is one of those spices that should be using sparingly. I suspect that it is used to cover the
taste of poor quality food.

Cumin!! That's what it is! The last tub of hummus I bought there was also overpowered by the cumin. I couldn't pinpoint exactly why it tasted so off but this explains it. I ended up mixing it with a bit of balsamic vinegar to make it edible.

They started selling vegan Boca Burgers on a regular basis here. They are no longer a Special of the Week item, but now part of their regular inventory. They also have Almond Milk in stock again as well as Bolthouse Farms drinks.

I went yesterday to stock up on more produce. Also picked up hot sauce, 2 jars of banana peppers, 1 jar of roasted red peppers, cooking spray, pickles, vinegar, flour tortillas, canned tomatoes, and some other stuff I can't remember at the moment.:rolleyes:

The vegetable hummus also has cumin, but not so much!
I actually like their plain hummus, and some of their other flavors, like sun- dried tomato and basil.

I bought 3 bags of edamame-- my son who loves them said they were awful and rubbery.
The frozen rosemary potato wedges looked great - lots of rosemary. I think someone spilled a box of salt on them at the factory! I don't even remember if I read the label, I was so excited to see them!

If you are a sweets fan and a Trader Joe's shopper you need to check out Aldi's version of Christmas Oreos. I've read that they are actually Trader Joe's Candy Cane Jo Jo's just under the Aldi company name and a lot cheaper.

Aldis whole grain mustard is fabulous! :drool: Specialty Selection.
Mustard seeds, white wine vinegar, spices and sugar. Very grainy, not "vinegary"
I boiled some redskin potatoes and slaughtered this on with a bit of mayo.
I'd use it on sammies, salads, dressing, sauces, seitan, and I believe tofu.
It's a seasonal item, so next month it may be gone. I've seen it every Oct.
I believe this kind of thing usually costs more. It's $1.99 for a 12oz jar

How strange - just today got some spicy veggie burgers. The brand is 'Mae's Kitchen'. They were pretty nice, had no Nast ingredients & are suitable for vegans.

They were also actually marked as suitable for vegetarians & vegans which is quite unusual really.

Reactions: thefadedone
Aldis whole grain mustard is fabulous! :drool: Specialty Selection.
Mustard seeds, white wine vinegar, spices and sugar. Very grainy, not "vinegary"
I boiled some redskin potatoes and slaughtered this on with a bit of mayo.
I'd use it on sammies, salads, dressing, sauces, seitan, and I believe tofu.
It's a seasonal item, so next month it may be gone. I've seen it every Oct.
I believe this kind of thing usually costs more. It's $1.99 for a 12oz jar

I almost picked that one up today!! I've been addicted to their German Spice Mustard. I hate how they will have amazing seasonal items and then they will be gone for months. It's great to try these products, but it sucks when we find a certain gem among them and want them all the time!

I got all excited about their pretzel rolls and hoped they were accidently vegan since their canned hot pretzels are. Sadly they are not vegan. They contain eggs. :(

We have Aldi's over here but they don't stock veggie burgers. We get all the usual basics which I can also buy in
other discount stores.

I used to think Aldi's was a dented-can discount store. My wife scolded me for that. And for saying: 'All dees cans are dented!'

She has since enlightened me to the value of a local Aldi's, - as per the noted vegan goodies.

Right now they have containers of olives in olive oil-- YAY!!! I've used the spices and some oil for tofu ricotta! 11 oz. for $3.99
Spinach and artichoke hummus--yummy!
Peppermint sandwich creme cookies--like Oreos.