Aldi-Vegan Food Products

I did just buy Aldi chikenless strips like Beyond Meat has, my other son loves those! Haven't tried them yet, and Beyond Meat skeeved me out it seemed so much like chicken!

Do you like other chik;n patties, like Boca or Gardien? My meateater son has asked me to specifically buy him the Aldi plain chik;n patties! I have them so rarely, but I do like them, esp on a salad- haven't done that in a long time! Lunch tomorrow! I love warm chik'n pieces on Romaine!
Those potstickers are too pricey and they're better from Asian stores IMO
Wish the ravioli was a whole bag!
Yes, I like the Boca and Gardein ones, but the Aldi ones seemed really bland. Maybe I got a bad batch. I agree that Asian stores have the best potstickers, but I figured I'd try them for a treat.

Has anyone tried Aldi's vegan oat milk ice cream? I have never noticed it before because I rarely look in the freezer cases except for veggie burgers. I didn't have a proper cooler with me, otherwise I would have snagged one. I think they are smaller than a pint, so I'm not sure whether they are a good value for the money. I think they were $3 or so.

Has anyone tried Aldi's vegan oat milk ice cream? I have never noticed it before because I rarely look in the freezer cases except for veggie burgers. I didn't have a proper cooler with me, otherwise I would have snagged one. I think they are smaller than a pint, so I'm not sure whether they are a good value for the money. I think they were $3 or so.

No but I will make a point of buying some when I come over.;)

I went into the usual Aldi's whilst I was on holiday in the US and didn't find most of their pb products. Even their faux meat section was empty and I had to ask a sales person to put some of them out onto display. I did however, find their Mozarella style grated cheese which was fabulous and much tastier than Daiya. I would put it onto a soft corn tortilla and melt it in the microwave, delicious. ;)
It's really a shame that they didn't have any pb ice cream as I only managed to find some at Grocery Outlet (I don't know whether you have these shops back East )for a reasonable price. It was So Delicious lime and coconut for $ 2.50. Not only was it delicious but the price wasn't too bad.

BTW, their Earth Grown vegan burger tasted awful. I even left two of the burgers in my cousin's freezer. I don't know whether she'll taste them or not.

Reactions: Val
I got one coffee when they were first stocked and loved it. I went back the next day and got the last one, which was only there cause it was kinda damaged! I hated the almond milk ones so didn't think this would be much different- because it was the coconut oil they both have I didn't like. I couldn't taste a trace of coconut in the oat milk ice cream. The coffee (favorite flavor) was good, the texture was good. They haven't been back and I keep emailing to have them return!

I went into the usual Aldi's whilst I was on holiday in the US and didn't find most of their pb products. Even their faux meat section was empty and I had to ask a sales person to put some of them out onto display. I did however, find their Mozarella style grated cheese which was fabulous and much tastier than Daiya. I would put it onto a soft corn tortilla and melt it in the microwave, delicious. ;)
It's really a shame that they didn't have any pb ice cream as I only managed to find some at Grocery Outlet (I don't know whether you have these shops back East )for a reasonable price. It was So Delicious lime and coconut for $ 2.50. Not only was it delicious but the price wasn't too bad.

BTW, their Earth Grown vegan burger tasted awful. I even left two of the burgers in my cousin's freezer. I don't know whether she'll taste them or not.

Wow, $2.50 for So Delicious is great. I haven't heard of Grocery Outlet, but I will check to see whether our local discount grocers have deals like that.
Did you have the regular vegan burger or the flame-broiled-flavored one? I find the latter much better than the regular one.

@silva that's good to know that the oat milk ice cream was decent.

Wow, $2.50 for So Delicious is great. I haven't heard of Grocery Outlet, but I will check to see whether our local discount grocers have deals like that.
Did you have the regular vegan burger or the flame-broiled-flavored one? I find the latter much better than the regular one.

@silva that's good to know that the oat milk ice cream was decent.

We would do a lot of our shopping at GO as they have great prices. I also thought that the price was good compared to the high prices of pb ice cream in the US. ;)

I bought the burgers that were grilled/broiled but thought that they tasted awful. I also had some BM burgers which I bought at WF's and they tasted fabulous.:up:

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Aldi has been upping their vegan game!
Many new hummus flavors that are vegan. I hated the vanilla bean (coconutty and gummy) and they also have a chocolate I didn't try
They brought back their vegan chocolate cake along with a vegan carrot cake- both like $7.50 which is too pricey

But....they also brought back the almond milk ice cream.The mocha fudge is my favorite flavor, and a pint is $2.99
They have a street corn flavor hummus that's vegan and very very good.
Lots of their bagged snack foods have been vegan'
New canned beans with flavorings I didn't notice (other than vegan) because I cook dry beans, but sounded good. Like chipotle lime or somthing

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Aldi has been upping their vegan game!
Many new hummus flavors that are vegan. I hated the vanilla bean (coconutty and gummy) and they also have a chocolate I didn't try
They brought back their vegan chocolate cake along with a vegan carrot cake- both like $7.50 which is too pricey

But....they also brought back the almond milk ice cream.The mocha fudge is my favorite flavor, and a pint is $2.99
They have a street corn flavor hummus that's vegan and very very good.
Lots of their bagged snack foods have been vegan'
New canned beans with flavorings I didn't notice (other than vegan) because I cook dry beans, but sounded good. Like chipotle lime or somthing
They sometimes have a halfway decent canned three-bean salad. The dressing was a little too sweet for me, but I doctored it up with a little more vinegar.

They had really good peaches this year. :sigh:
Aldi almond milk ice cream was recalled due to undisclosed cashews 🙄. Like they can't come up with a label to add to whats already stocked?

I found oatmilk ice cream!!! It's crazy good. I got 3 strawberry and 4 cold brew coffee. Not in all stores yet-I went to a different one just to check. Of course it's just a 'special'

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Val