UK Airlines with non leather seats

RSE

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to this forum, thank you for letting me join :) My query is whether anyone knows any airlines which do not have leather seats. We used to use EasyJet but now almost all their seats are “eco leather.” I have discovered that Virgin economy have fabric seats but I can’t find any airline which is short haul and leather free? I wondered if anyone can help? Thank you.

wow I never even thought about leather seats in airlines.

In fact, your post made me think about my car seats..... they are also leather.... damn... I have been such a jerk all my life... never even paid attention to these things. Without realizing I have caused pain to so many animals. I seriously wish I was a vegetarian since childhood. I regret not being considerate towards animals so much now :(

I flew with EasyJet from Gatwick last week and the seats were in fabric not leather.
Yes, EasyJet head office have told me that they are phasing out their fabric seats. It started about 18 months ago. All their new planes are now fitted with “eco leather.”

wow I never even thought about leather seats in airlines.

In fact, your post made me think about my car seats..... they are also leather.... damn... I have been such a jerk all my life... never even paid attention to these things. Without realizing I have caused pain to so many animals. I seriously wish I was a vegetarian since childhood. I regret not being considerate towards animals so much now :(
The fact we are on this forum and veggie or vegan, we are all doing our bit :)

Reactions: manseh
Literally never considered this which surprises me, good thought though. I am hoping my next car will be avoiding leather.

I think reducing flights for climate change reasons will probably do animals more good, however, then choosing airlines with cloth seats.

Reactions: PTree15 and silva
Literally never considered this which surprises me, good thought though. I am hoping my next car will be avoiding leather.

I think reducing flights for climate change reasons will probably do animals more good, however, then choosing airlines with cloth seats.
Yes, I agree in principal but many people have family in different countries and it is important to experience different cultures too.

As long as we keep making these kind of excuses to not change our behaviour we won't have any coral reefs or polar ice left, and many millions of people will die and animals species will die out etc etc you know the rest.

Can't people visit their family less often, but for twice as long? Can't people experience other cultures closer to them, or only if they have time to go there for 6 months or a year? You don't learn much about culture on a 2-week trip

One long haul flight is about the same carbon footprint as a year's worth of carbon footprint for someone in a poor country.

We will save money, get to see places closer to home, lose less days to jet lag, spend less bored time in airports or on a plane itching to get off. So it's not a sacrifice at all, just a change of habit.

Climate change is far more important than most other issues. I think most people, even liberal minded people, and vegans, are basically in denial about it.

As long as we keep making these kind of excuses to not change our behaviour we won't have any coral reefs or polar ice left, and many millions of people will die and animals species will die out etc etc you know the rest.

Can't people visit their family less often, but for twice as long? Can't people experience other cultures closer to them, or only if they have time to go there for 6 months or a year? You don't learn much about culture on a 2-week trip

One long haul flight is about the same carbon footprint as a year's worth of carbon footprint for someone in a poor country.

We will save money, get to see places closer to home, lose less days to jet lag, spend less bored time in airports or on a plane itching to get off. So it's not a sacrifice at all, just a change of habit.

Climate change is far more important than most other issues. I think most people, even liberal minded people, and vegans, are basically in denial about it.
Yes, you make interesting points. It is always good to raise awareness :) I do not wear leather and I avoid leather seats but I do not pass judgement on others as it is my personal choice.
You acknowledge that travelling by air is a necessary evil but you suggest it is more acceptable if travel was prolonged: a stay of 6 months or even a year. I accept this. Regarding “excuses,” unfortunately, most people do have employers who would willingly grant them annual leave of 6 months or a year. In my case, a two week trip is filled with perspicacious insights into a culture, learning a new language, promoting greater intercultural understanding and often the start of new friendships.
The U.N. says that raising animals for food is “one of the top two or three most significant contributors to the most serious environmental problems, at every scale from local to global.” As vegans or vegetarians, we are already taking a powerful step to halt climate change, and hopefully others will join us. We are on the same side.

Yes, you make interesting points. It is always good to raise awareness :) I do not wear leather and I avoid leather seats but I do not pass judgement on others as it is my personal choice.
You acknowledge that travelling by air is a necessary evil but you suggest it is more acceptable if travel was prolonged: a stay of 6 months or even a year. I accept this. Regarding “excuses,” unfortunately, most people do have employers who would willingly grant them annual leave of 6 months or a year. In my case, a two week trip is filled with perspicacious insights into a culture, learning a new language, promoting greater intercultural understanding and often the start of new friendships.
The U.N. says that raising animals for food is “one of the top two or three most significant contributors to the most serious environmental problems, at every scale from local to global.” As vegans or vegetarians, we are already taking a powerful step to halt climate change, and hopefully others will join us. We are on the same side.

I fly on a long haul flight once a year. I don't know anyone who would be willing for me to stay with them for 6 months. o_O When I was working we couldn't have more than 3 weeks holiday leave neither. It was actually 2 but as I requested off season leave, it was always granted.

The only factor that I take into account is price, when choosing a particular airline and it's policy not to transport wild animals.

Reactions: RSE