US 3 people dead, over 280 injured from explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon

It is not like that here. I think we are kind of unsophisticated in that respect. My ex tried to buy a pressure cooker a few years ago and he had very little luck. He went to both electronics and cookware stores.

My mother has a big one but I always thought that was because she is from India. She doesnt actually use it much though, she makes her dals on the stovetop with just a pan. I think they are handy for larger lentils and split peas, cuts the cooking time down a lot.

My mother has a big one but I always thought that was because she is from India. She doesnt actually use it much though, she makes her dals on the stovetop with just a pan. I think they are handy for larger lentils and split peas, cuts the cooking time down a lot.

Yes, most Indians I know use pressure cookers, but then, so do a lot of non-Indians. You can find them at Walmart, Target, Sears, Macy's, etc., and on Amazon and other online retailers.
The local farm supply store sells pressure cookers, even though it doesn't sell toasters or other small common household appliances.

That is true. But from my point of view they are an uncommon item for European people here, so that is why I made the statement I made. I did not know that they are used all over America, I dont live there and have only visited it once, for 5 days.

And I am partially Indian, so I thought I had a sort of insider knowledge.

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
The suspect with the black hat is dead, according to Boston Police Commissioner.

Police looking for this guy:

BIMy1gtCUAAK7f4.jpg:large

9000 police officers are hunting for the white-capped individual. They are telling Watertown residents to stay inside and don't answer the door. The black-capped guy was shot dead by police. He apparently robbed a convenience store earlier.

There were a lot of developments since I checked the news this morning. Hopefully they will catch this other guy without anyone else losing their lives.

They apparently know the identies of both guys, but haven't released the names. One article reports that they have been in the country, legally, for about a year.

I was hoping that they were homegrown wackos - less chance of a repeat than if they are part of a larger organization.

Reactions: thefadedone
They apparently know the identies of both guys, but haven't released the names. One article reports that they have been in the country, legally, for about a year.

I was hoping that they were homegrown wackos - less chance of a repeat than if they are part of a larger organization.
Unsubstantiated reports say they were students at Brown University.

Updates http://m.guardiannews.com/world/2013/apr/19/boston-mit-police-dead-watertown
"Another press conference has just taken place in Watertown. All public transport has been suspended including buses and subways in the Massachusetts Bay area – Boston and the surrounding areas – it was announced.

People at stations were asked to “please go home” and not congregate waiting for the system to come back, said Kurt Schwartz, head of Massachusetts’ emergency management division.

The authorities want the residents of Watertown, Newton, Waltham, Bellamont, Cambridge, and the Allston-Brighton neighbourhood of Boston to stay indoors for the time being. They are also asking businesses there not to open.

Watertown Police Chief Ed Deveau spoke next. He asked Watertown residents:We need your help now. We’re asking everybody to shelter in place. No vehicle traffic is going to be allowed to travel in and out of Watertown until further notice. No businesses are going to be allowed to be opened.

Colonel Timothy Alben, head of Massachusetts state police, said: We believe that these are the same individuals that are responsible for the bombing on Monday at the Boston Marathon. We believe that they are responsible for the death of an MIT police officer and the shooting of an MBTA [transit] police officer. This is a very serious situation that we’re dealing with."

A handful of cities right outside of where I live are all on lockdown.
Edit: apparently my city is, too. It's listed in the post above. Interesting.

The bombers' uncle is giving a press conference now. He seems like a good guy, calls his nephews losers. He asked the families of the victims for forgiveness. He asked White Hat to give himself up and to beg for forgiveness. The brothers have been in the US since 2003.