US 3 people dead, over 280 injured from explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon

Moderate overall. But on some issues, I'm a hippie dippie liberal, and on other issues I'm quite conservative (or would be, if the current crop of conservatives hadn't lost their freaking minds).

As for the first part of your original horse, y'know, this is a veg*n forum. We shouldn't beat horses, even if they are dead. ;)
You're talking about your betraying vv posters by ridiculing them with omni trolls on another board that they have known for years as a "dead horse"?

No. That horse is alive and kicking, who could trust you again, honestly?

We did have the Navy available for the disposal of bin Laden's remains. I don't know how far out to sea you would have to take a corpse to make sure it doesn't wash up somewhere. I also don't know that it's a legal way to dispose of someone who dies on U.S. soil.

There was also some controversy about if the method of handling bin Laden's remains was in accord with Muslim scripture and religious tradition.

I think this was the better way, save for the fact that now a cemetery in Virginia has to worry about pathetic narrow-minded vandals.

*sigh*

There was also some controversy about if the method of handling bin Laden's remains was in accord with Muslim scripture and religious tradition.

I think this was the better way, save for the fact that now a cemetery in Virginia has to worry about pathetic narrow-minded vandals.

*sigh*

Agreed.

The uncle paid for the transportation and burial of the body. http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...run-high-after-boston-bombing-suspects-burial

And if no relative had stepped up and paid for it, we should do what we do in the case of any person, including convicted mass murderers - we bury their bodies, we don't put them out on the street to be eaten by dogs, or whatever else so many people seem to feel is appropriate.

I don't remember this sort of controversy in the case of Timothey McVeigh or Ted Bundy or any other of the scores of multiple homicide murderers in this country. In all of those cases, we seemed to be able to act like semi civilized beings when it came to the disposal of the bodies.

I wonder whether anyone on here can come up with an explanation of why this case is so different.
Ah. Since no public resources were used for this, my original argument is invalid.

I hadn't thought of McVeigh or Bundy, but now that you mention them, I would feel the same way about their burial arrangements.

By 2050 if not sooner - and I think it is already becoming an issue in some countries - whole body burial is going to become a luxury, so people better start getting used to the idea that their religious sensibilities in regard to corpses are not going to be able to be accommodated due to having no more space or resources to waste on billions of dead humans.

By 2050 if not sooner - and I think it is already becoming an issue in some countries - whole body burial is going to become a luxury, so people better start getting used to the idea that their religious sensibilities in regard to corpses are not going to be able to be accommodated due to having no more space or resources to waste on billions of dead humans.

Let's see. Say the entire population of the US died tomorrow - about 300 million. Each burial needs 8 feet by 3 feet, roughly. Or 24 square feet. We need some room for paths, so lets double that to about 50 square feet.

That means we need 15,000 million square feet. If we buried everyone in the same graveyard, it would be less than 25 miles square. Or about half the size of Rhode Island.

I don't think we're running out of room quite yet for burials.

;)

(Ain't math fun?)

If the family doesn't want it, then I don't care what happens to the body. Neither a respectful burial nor a disrespectful disposal would bother me. The only thing that bothers me is that the media has made this into such a big story.

Reactions: Poppy
Let's see. Say the entire population of the US died tomorrow - about 300 million. Each burial needs 8 feet by 3 feet, roughly. Or 24 square feet. We need some room for paths, so lets double that to about 50 square feet.

That means we need 15,000 million square feet. If we buried everyone in the same graveyard, it would be less than 25 miles square. Or about half the size of Rhode Island.

I don't think we're running out of room quite yet for burials.

;)

(Ain't math fun?)
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that the US is the standard by which all lesser countries shall be measured.

Pathetic and disgusting: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...v-fan-club-teen-girl-following_n_3275653.html

If one of these girls lived under my roof, she's be doing volunteer work at a physical rehabilitation center for amputees from now until forever, so that she could see for herself, on a daily basis, the damage done by a bomber.

"If he's cute, you must rebute"...the evidence before your eyes.

Apparently, while he was hiding in the boat, he wrote a letter admitting that he and his brother did it, described his brother as a martyr, and called the victims collateral damage.

Eh, teenagers. What ya gonna do. :shrug:

Although it makes me wonder, if Adam Lanza hadn't killed himself, would he have a teenage fan club, too?

I don't see anything disgusting about it. They seem to think that he is innocent, not that bombing people is okay.

I would speculate that conspiracy theorists such as Alex Jone are behind a lot of these people's ideas that there are lots of holes in the case and that these guys were patsies used in some grand conspiracy. But I'm just guessing. I think teenagers are particularly susceptible to crazy talk. At least I know I was.