TV & Film Your least favorite overrated movies

Jurassic Park
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
every superhero movie
Wedding Crashers
Superbad
Knocked Up

Wall-E. I gave this 3 attempts and fell asleep each time.
Brokeback Mountain- Another movie where I kept trying to watch and like but kept falling asleep. I also think Heath Ledger's acting was tremendously horrible in that movie. The whole movie frustrated me because I couldn't understand a word he said.

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
Wall-E. I gave this 3 attempts and fell asleep each time.
Brokeback Mountain- Another movie where I kept trying to watch and like but kept falling asleep. I also think Heath Ledger's acting was tremendously horrible in that movie. The whole movie frustrated me because I couldn't understand a word he said.

We're not friends anymore! :mad:

Okay I'll still like you, but I'm not gonna watch movies with you. :pout:

Prometheus

Stupidest movie I can think of.

Movies from this thread I liked:
-The Twilight Saga (for select reasons)
-Wall-E
-Jurassic Park
-Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
-Prometheus

What I'm interested in knowing, kazy, is why you didn't like Prometheus, because the reason makes all the difference. :p

It's old, but I know people who still say it's their favorite
An Officer and a Gentleman
And Sixth Sense

Movies from this thread I liked:
-The Twilight Saga (for select reasons)
-Wall-E
-Jurassic Park
-Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
-Prometheus

What I'm interested in knowing, kazy, is why you didn't like Prometheus, because the reason makes all the difference. :p

As far as I could see there was little to like about it. Half of it was nonsensical; why were the cave paintings depicting a constellation with a military base? Who put them there? The aliens? Why? What purpose does that possibly serve? Why was no one on the crew even half-way competent or vaguely interested in doing their jobs? Why did that old guy not just say he was going with them? Why the subterfuge when it served no purpose? Why was blond chick his daughter? It appeared to mean nothing. Why did no one pay the slightest bit of attention to the fact that foreign girl was staggering around half naked after preforming an emergency c-section on herself?! At most they shot a disdainful glance at her and said something vaguely condescending like she had no idea what was going on, when she just removed an alien parasite from her torso!? At least they could have followed through on the whole, 'we were going to freeze you, why'd you go and get that crazy home operation?' line. But they didn't There was now acknowledgement at all! Why was that machine only set to men when women were half the crew and the leader of the expedition was the one that insisted on having it?! How did those two morons get lost in the first place? The alien creatures appear to evolve into different complex organisms extremely fast and apparently at random and with nothing resembling a food source.

Now tell me what you liked about it.

And I'll tell you how wrong you are. :brood:

Lord of The Rings 1 and 2, the 3rd one was good.
The Sixth Sense. The "twist" was so obvious, I guessed it before I went in and I said it my husband which he did not appreciate.:oops:
Inception. I didn't hate it but I thought it was pretentious and overrated.

Half of it was nonsensical; why were the cave paintings depicting a constellation with a military base? Who put them there? The aliens? Why? What purpose does that possibly serve?

I agree with you there as it didn't make much sense :p but I still liked it and I'm assuming the sequel will try and explain it.:) I thought it was visually stunning.

Reactions: Queerasaurus Rex
The Sixth:oops: Sense. The "twist" was so obvious, I guessed it before I went in and I said it my husband which he did not appreciate.

Somewhat agree with you about LOTR. They were all so long and dragged out. The third one annoyed me the most though. It was never ending. Every time I thought it was ending it just kept going!:mad:

I didn't see the twist coming at the end of Sixth Sense, but now I see that same twist coming at the end of every other movie that rips it off.

Somewhat agree with you about LOTR. They were all so long and dragged out. The third one annoyed me the most though. It was never ending. Every time I thought it was ending it just kept going!:mad:

get-out-fancy-gif.gif

We're no longer friends.

Actually, the last half an hour or so of RotK is heart attack territory. I would panic everytime the screen went black as I thought PJ has finished the film then. But I knew that it couldn't finish until Sam said "Well, I'm back". (As that's the end of the book.)
Not fair PJ, not fair.

Reactions: CrowCaw
As far as I could see there was little to like about it. Half of it was nonsensical; why were the cave paintings depicting a constellation with a military base? Who put them there? The aliens? Why? What purpose does that possibly serve? Why was no one on the crew even half-way competent or vaguely interested in doing their jobs? Why did that old guy not just say he was going with them? Why the subterfuge when it served no purpose? Why was blond chick his daughter? It appeared to mean nothing. Why did no one pay the slightest bit of attention to the fact that foreign girl was staggering around half naked after preforming an emergency c-section on herself?! At most they shot a disdainful glance at her and said something vaguely condescending like she had no idea what was going on, when she just removed an alien parasite from her torso!? At least they could have followed through on the whole, 'we were going to freeze you, why'd you go and get that crazy home operation?' line. But they didn't There was now acknowledgement at all! Why was that machine only set to men when women were half the crew and the leader of the expedition was the one that insisted on having it?! How did those two morons get lost in the first place? The alien creatures appear to evolve into different complex organisms extremely fast and apparently at random and with nothing resembling a food source.

Now tell me what you liked about it.

And I'll tell you how wrong you are. :brood:

Oh, those are all valid concerns about the movie. I was just worried you were part of the "HE SAID IT WAS GONNA BE A PREQUEL" crowd, who hate the movie purely because they expected an Alien prequel when Ridley Scott had specifically outlined that it was not. :p

Oh, those are all valid concerns about the movie. I was just worried you were part of the "HE SAID IT WAS GONNA BE A PREQUEL" crowd, who hate the movie purely because they expected an Alien prequel when Ridley Scott had specifically outlined that it was not. :p

Right, no. Really the problem was I didn't want to watch an alien movie at all, and then I did. I can only blame myself. :sigh:

I never even saw LotR. No interest.

I fell asleep during the first two Matrix movies. The only reason I didn't fall asleep during the third was that I'd been dragged to see it at the theater. blahhhhhh

Fellini's 8 1/2 - It was like being inside the head of someone who you don't like for three hours while they wallow in uninteresting introspections and are surrounded by admirers.
There Will Be Blood - I didn't find it very interesting, so I got bored.
Garden State - The romance was dumb.
The Avengers - Worst villains ever.
Black Swan - Pretty good cinematography, horrible plot/premise.
Amelie - It's clever and all, but I hated the plot and the ending. A romance between two people who've never met or spoken is annoying and not interesting to me.
Monster's Ball - Just, what the hell??

Monsters Ball. Can't agree more cornsail. That movie was vile.

Date myself since I saw it in the theater: Ghost Busters. Didn't even laugh.

When Trading Places came out I didn't want to see it because I thought it would be the same hype, crap, different movie. Friends talked me into it and it's one of my favorites to this day. "It was the Dukes! It was the Dukes!" LMAO