Your ideal day...

Poppy

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
It occurred to me this morning that I'm having a rare, but much appreciated "ideal day". My husband is traveling so I have the house to myself to make as much noise or rattling about as I please (he usually works at home), the weather was perfect for an early morning run (jog!) and some piddling about in the yard. My afternoon is free for painting and reading. I can choose to shower or not, as there's no one here to impress. And today I don't have to consider anyone else's preferences when it comes to food! :starshower:

I wouldn't want this day every day. I love my husband (and love to have him around usually! :p), my work at the shelter, and my friends. And I need to have specific projects/work/relationship events on a regular basis or I get a bit depressed. But a rare, beautiful day that is wide open and has no restrictions? Ahhhh!

What does your ideal day look like and how often do you get one?

Hmmm, I don't get those days very often, either. There is always something that needs to be done, lol. But when I do get one, it usually starts with a cup of coffee or tea while listening to the news on the radio (usually NPR) in the morning. If the weather is good, I would go for a nice walk and time it so that I could go to lunch somewhere. The rest of the day might involve listening to music and/or reading or doing some knitting or crocheting. If it's summer, it might be a trip to the beach for the day. At night, I'd probably cook myself a nice dinner and watch movies or something. I, too, would probably skip the shower, unless I was sweating a lot during my walk. :D

There wouldn't be any laundry, cleaning, housework or cooking on my ideal day.:p

I would wake up early and go and sit in the garden in the sunshine and read my favourite blogs and also read a good book while my husband and dogs were all in the house asleep so I wasn't disturbed. Breakfast would be something easy like a smoothie or toast.

I would have a hot shower and then go to a vegan cafe for lunch and then go for a long walk in a beautiful park.:)

I would love to go and get an Indian head massage and some reflexology in the afternoon. Perhaps buy myself some lovely fresh flowers to take home with me.

My ideal night a few years ago would have been a restaurant, bar/s and then a concert, but now I would probably just like to go home and watch a film or some episodes of my favourite shows.

Dinner would just be something easy like cheeze and crackers, salad, olives, and wine followed by a bubble bath and an early night.

:zen:

There wouldn't be any laundry, cleaning, housework or cooking on my ideal day.:p

I would wake up early and go and sit in the garden in the sunshine and read my favourite blogs and also read a good book while my husband and dogs were all in the house asleep so I wasn't disturbed. Breakfast would be something easy like a smoothie or toast.

I would have a hot shower and then go to a vegan cafe for lunch and then go for a long walk in a beautiful park.:)

I would love to go and get an Indian head massage and some reflexology in the afternoon. Perhaps buy myself some lovely fresh flowers to take home with me.

My ideal night a few years ago would have been a restaurant, bar/s and then a concert, but now I would probably just like to go home and watch a film or some episodes of my favourite shows.

Dinner would just be something easy like cheeze and crackers, salad, olives, and wine followed by a bubble bath and an early night.

:zen:

Snap except for the last part !🤝 Mine would be a few chocolates/gummy sweets or ice cream following by a shower. I don't like bubble baths. :D

I certainly agree on the cleaning and laundry as I loathe it. 😁

Oh, and I don't have a husband so that would be chilling with my dogs. I also don't have a pet anymore so it's all part of a fantasy.😻

That is funny reading that as now my ideal night out would now to be to go to a concert and some bars.

It shows how much my health has recovered from back then.:)

I also don't have a pet anymore so it's all part of a fantasy.😻

Aw.xxx

Reactions: KLS52
That is funny reading that as now my ideal night out would now to be to go to a concert and some bars.

It shows how much my health has recovered from back then.:)

Aw.xxx
When i first came on VV and saw you here (or some time later), i remember that you were not well then. It's so good to hear that all your efforts have paid off, and you're feeling better now and have a better quality of life! Very strong you are!😎

My ideal day would have to be with a temperature of around 19 °C - 22°C. ;)

The heat over here makes each and every day unbearable. Everyone is complaint about the weather and it's getting me down.:fp:

Depending on the season, my ideal day is different. In winter it’s cold with lots of snow and I’m snowed in with lots of coffee, tea and good food and snacks! And the power does not go out so I have heat and Gilmore Girls on Netflix. I don’t care too much if the boys are home. Actually I kind of prefer it so I don’t have to worry about them in the bad weather.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Yay! Tuesday actually ended up being a pretty ideal day! E was traveling, so my time was completely my own. There was no cleaning! I got some painting done, ate what I wanted on my own schedule, and met a friend for a late morning cup of coffee. The only really bummer is that it rained the whole day. Oh well. (My Myers Briggs puts me right in the middle of being an introvert and being an extrovert. So I really need the occasional day of being by myself to recharge and clear my head.)

Wednesday, even though E was still traveling, was most definitely not ideal. The weather was spectacular. Kelly and I had dental appointments and a planned lunch out, but she hadn't showered (in a few days?) and I had to address that. So she was kind of hurt/insulted and I was really glad when I could take her back and say good-bye.