Your favourite vegan meals

I am SO excited for August because I am going to Chicago for a week and plan to hit up Soul Vegetarian. Their vegan gyro sandwich had me swooning several years ago when I first had it. I’m a much better cook now, so I would be more likely to attempt it myself after having it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Val
My current finalists for my last meal, in no particular order:

Salt and pepper tofu, served with plain white rice and thinly sliced raw cabbage.

My vegan version of Salzkuchen.

My sister's vegan version of the sauce my mother used to make from the vegetables which she roasted with chicken, namely tomatoes, onions, celery root and carrots. This, served with wide noodles, preferably homemade, a large green salad with mustard vinaigrette, and real German potato salad (not the awful stuff Americans call potato salad).

Any and all of those followed by chocolate cake.

Reactions: Skylark and Val
Vegan reuben! Whether smokey tempeh, or a garlicky seitan, adding sauerkraut, vegan mayo, sweet relish on bread grilled with mayo, I just love that sandwich! I don't really care for sauerkraut so when I open a jar I make them until it's gone!

Peanut noodles. Just whole wheat spaghetti or linguini with all kinds of veggies. Peanut butter, ginger, garlic, hot chili sauce (or crushed red pepper), and rice or balsamic vinegar. Top with green onions and crushed peanuts

Tofu. Just sauteed cubed tofu with some Braggs and black or white pepper

Rosemary scalloped potatoes

Portabellos- like, any way

Tempeh stir fry

Tofu quiche on a hash brown crust

Cabbage, tofu, slivered carrots, green onion, bean sprouts- like a deconstructed egg roll- and topped sriracha and peanuts

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
This easy and super yummy High Protein Quinoa Salad is bursting with flavor and is high in protein and healthy nutrients. This Quinoa salad shows you how to get the best flavor and taste in quinoa (the secret is dry roasted nuts, they combine very well with quinoa)! This is one of those salads that you put in a giant bowl and place smack-dab-in-the-middle of your dining table for everyone to feast their eyes on while you take in all the glory. Go get some colorful fresh vegetables, put in a few minutes, and enjoy this fresh Delicious Quinoa Salad with friends and family.

I keep eating Oumph stir fries with rice at the moment.:lick:

I had the most gorgeous ravioli meal in a restaurant recently, the description was a crisped ravioli filled with wild mushroom & walnut pâté with fennel cream sauce, sundried tomato pesto & balsamic reduction.

That meal was so delicious!:drool: I can remember how it tasted now. I think I had it at Manna.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val