NibirS

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Strict vegetarian
  2. Vegetarian
Why you should go vegan | Why are people attracted to vegetarians? Some just want to live a long, healthy life. Others have made changes to protect the earth's natural resources or animals from love and the moral opposition to eating them.

assorted-sliced-fruits-in-white-ceramic-bowl-1092730.jpg

Thanks to the abundant scientific research that demonstrates the health and environmental benefits of a plant-based diet, even the federal government recommends that we consume most of our calories from grain products, vegetables and fruits.

What's more, the big surprise is: the most expected 70 percent cancers, including one-third of all diseases, are related to diet. A vegetarian diet reduces the risk of chronic degenerative diseases such as obesity, coronary artery disease, hypertension, diabetes and certain types of cancer, including colon, breast, prostate, stomach, lung and esophageal cancer.

Check out the Nutrition facts of vegan foods.

Why vegetarian? Chew these causes:

1. You will get rid of the disease.

Vegetarian American diets are healthier than the American average diet, especially when it comes to heart disease prevention, treatment or reversal changes, and reducing the risk of cancer. The low-fat vegetarian diet is the only effective way to prevent or completely prevent coronary artery disease. Cardiovascular disease kills 1 million Americans a year and is the leading cause of death in the United States.

2. You will keep your weight low.
The standard American diet - high in saturated fat and processed foods and low in plant-based foods and complex sugars - makes us fat and slowly kills us. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and a division of the CDC, the National Health Statistics Center reports that 644 percent of adults and 15 percent of children aged 19 to overweight are at risk of overweight and obesity, including heart disease, stroke and diabetes.

3. You will live longer.
Author of the Real Age Diet: Michael F. Rosen says, Make yourself younger than what you eat: If you change from the standard American diet to a vegetarian diet, you can add 13 healthy years to your life. "People who consume saturated, four-legged fat have a longer lifespan and more disability at the end of their lives. Animal products clog your arteries, zap your energy and lower your immunity. People who eat meat also experience cognitive and sexual dysfunction on the skin. At a young age. "

4. Want more proof of longevity?
The residents of Okinawa, Japan have the longest life expectancy in Japan and probably the longest life expectancy of any person in the world, as seen in a 30-year study of the Okinawan Centennial, more than 100 years old. Their privacy: crude complex carbohydrates, fiber-rich fruits and vegetables and soy is a low-calorie food.

5. You will build stiff bones.
When there is not enough calcium in the bloodstream, our bodies will leak it from the existing bones. The result of metabolism is that our skeletons become porous and lose energy over time. Most healthcare practitioners recommend that we increase our calcium intake through food as we wish. Foods provide other nutrients such as phosphorus, magnesium and vitamin D that the body needs to absorb and use calcium.

6. You will reduce the risk of foodborne illness.
The CDC estimates that all types of foodborne illness are responsible for 76 million illnesses a year, resulting in 325,000 hospitalizations and 5,000 deaths in the United States. According to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), protein-rich foods such as meat, poultry, fish, and seafood are often associated with outbreaks of foodborne illness.

Its not the end. There are unbound importance on vegetarian foods. That may cause for your vegan life. Read and learn more about " Why you should Vegan. "

Reactions: Pythagoras
Those are the health reasons. Then there are the ethical reasons. Here is a list of cruelty the meat, dairy and egg industries cause:

MEAT:
- High slaughter rates
- Cages/feedlots
- (for poultry meat only) Chick culling

EGGS:
- Chick culling
- Medium slaughter rates
- Cages

DAIRY:
- Separation of calves from mothers soon after birth
- Keeping cows pregnant most of their lives/rape
- (Relatively) low slaughter rate

The main reason i became vegan was so that there would be no killing of animals on my part.
My reason is exactly the opposite - I get to murder a lot of vegetables!

On a serious note, what's not to like - it's good for you, it's good for the environment and it's good for the animals.

Here is my real reason for going vegan. It is not about the physical torcher and cruel premeditated murder of billions of animals every year. It is about the severe emotional abuse.

Hogs and humans are similar animals. If I can kill a fellow hog, then I can kill a human.

After reading a lot of food essays, I have realized that we do change our eating habits between birth and death. As growing kids, we eat what our parents think is good for us. In our late teens, when we come into our own we change our eating habits. As we have children and more research is released, we again change our diets to include what's best for our kids. Frequently where we live also makes a difference. I have been a vegetarian and a vegan. But, there are times when I have had to be flexible for various reasons. I don't fuss - I just give myself broad guidelines, so as to not angst over food.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1956