Why leaving Tom Cruise makes Katie Holmes a feminist hero

Uh.

Um.

Good for her for getting out of a bad marriage (if it was a bad marriage, I don't really care to speculate). But... I can't really see it as a feminist victory, or anything similar. I just can't. Can anyone who does explain it to me?

Well I'm against all organized religion personally and as you well know I don't hold much regard for the catholic church either so there's no hypocrisy from where I'm standing. I think scientology takes a big hit because it's just so out there. I mean really, the guy who founded it was a science fiction writer who himself stated: "You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion". At least he was honest about his intentions... I guess.

Reactions: Scorpius
Well I'm against all organized religion personally and as you well know I don't hold much regard for the catholic church either so there's no hypocrisy from where I'm standing. I think scientology takes a big hit because it's just so out there. I mean really, the guy who founded it was a science fiction writer who himself stated: "You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion". At least he was honest about his intentions... I guess.
i'm the same with organized religions. I do have to say that you need to read up on LDS/FLDS. crazy stuff. amazing.

L Ron? lol. smart man. The sheep flock....

Skimmed the opinion piece. That's all I could do - skim it - and even then the pretentiousness made me feel nauseated.

Skimmed the opinion piece. That's all I could do - skim it - and even then the pretentiousness made me feel nauseated.
yeah, i'm more interested in the viewpoints than the actual boring story. it's amazing the viewpoints that are posted as being valid. and it's very sad that this drivel (and really Katie being some unsung hero) is being shown as heroic. what a pathetic world.

This article seems too stupid to bother reading.:p

I have never met a Scientologist, do they actually exist in the UK?

lol. Rulon Jeffs, a self proclaimed leader AND prophet of the FLDS church was also an alcoholic. I like the thought of an alcoholic prophet. it's humanizing.

I like the thought of an alcoholic prophet. it's humanizing.
Hell I'm an alcoholic and I'm quite prophetic at times. Jesus was all about turning water into wine, maybe alcohol is the key here...