Why leaving Tom Cruise makes Katie Holmes a feminist hero

I need to get something straight about this saint position. I'm O.K. with being hated. I'm O.K. with being figuratively crucified. I am most decidedly not O.K. with being literally crucified, or with any other form of torture or mode of being put to death that involves pain.

I need to get something straight about this saint position. I'm O.K. with being hated. I'm O.K. with being figuratively crucified. I am most decidedly not O.K. with being literally crucified, or with any other form of torture or mode of being put to death that involves pain.
Wuss...

I belong to the Church of the Subgenius myself... it's the only one that makes any sense.

1271788803552.JPEG

how about if i gave you a good back rub during? would that help? the sweet and the sour.

Although I would do almost anything for a good back rub, the critical word here is "almost."

I had a scientologist classmate in a college class back in Vegas. I found him to be more rational than most of the other classmates. The only reason scientology is viewed as being any more ridiculous than any of the other ridiculous religions out there is because it's not the norm. Actually, I'd say the fact that Scientology has not been at the center of as many genocides, religious crusade based conquests, and pedophilia conspiracies as your average religion puts it at least one or two notches higher... I mean there's an "as seen on youtube" mysterious ex-scientologist disappearance here and there, but those people were probably going to hell anyway so I'll let it slide.

As celebrity disputes go, Holmes has pulled off the biggest rout in memory. What Tina Turner did for battered women by breaking away from Ike, Katie Holmes has done for spouses and children suffering from religious abuse and coercion. She fought bullying with bullying. She beat Tom Cruise. She beat Scientology. It’s not too much to call her a feminist hero.

that is the paragraph that says that.