What's your favorite kitchen gadget?

Michelle1

Newcomer
Reaction score
What's the kitchen gadget/device(s) that you couldn't do without or that you love most?

For me I think it's the rice cooker. Yes, I could make rice on the stove, but it's so much easier to do in the rice cooker!

My mandoline. I love making paper-thin slices of tomatoes and cucumbers especially, but it is great for all kinds of fruits and veggies.

Reactions: Poppy
Do not make me pick a favorite, it's kinda like asking someone to pick which is their favorite child, lol.

Magic Bullet blender.

ETA: I have to add my microwave, electric tea kettle, and toaster oven since I use all of them every single day.

Right now, probably my blender. Gotta have the smoothies!

I don't have/use many kitchen gadgets, but I like a good sharp knife.

wow soooooooo many to pick from like our vitamix, dehydrator, microwave, montell willams pressure cooker, sheeesh too many....

peace, love and hippiness:)

My immersion blender.
I use it mostly for smoothies, but occasionally for things that use soft tofu that need to be very smoothly blended.

oh wait I forgot this one....my fave kitchen gadget is the person in the kitchen with me...the one doing the actual cooking...hehe...total hoot and a half!!

peace, love and laughter:)

Reactions: sallyomally
I have to pick just one? Hmm. Lately I've been loving my food processor, because I've been making lots of pesto. :D

Definitely my vitamix!

Followed by a can opener and a hand held beater. I have an immersion blender but I rarely use it lately.

Reactions: Poppy
My immersion blender.
I use it mostly for smoothies, but occasionally for things that use soft tofu that need to be very smoothly blended.

Love my immersion blender, couldn't make my split pea or black bean soup w/o it... well I suppose I could dump them in my regular blender, but not nearly so handy.

My best money/time saving kitchen gadget probably is my soyajoy soy/nut milk maker. I make a gallon-gallon and a half with it each week.

I have so many gadgets, I can't pick one!
In the winter, my go-to-gadget is definitely my immersion blender. So great for soups!

My toaster oven gets a lot of use in the summer for baking small things. So great to not heat up the whole house with the regular oven.