What's the last thing you disposed of?

I've just packed up a bag of stuff to go to the charity shop tomorrow.

Two shirts, a skirt, a winter hat, a pendant, a handbag and 2 books.

I added an air purifier to the donation bag and some charity Christmas cards I bought.

Also an umbrella holder that I thought would be a good idea so I could keep my hands free when I was walking but I realised it is supposed to be for one of the big golf umbrellas, not a normal sized one!

I am going to try and finish another book today to take tomorrow too.

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52 and Amy SF
Four or five bags of clothing which either no longer fit me or is so old it’s gone out of style, my 45 RPM record collection, a bunch of books from my late parents’ house that I changed my mind about keeping because I have no shelf space for them, and some unwanted costume jewelry were donated to a thrift store in the East Hollywood/Echo Park area. My sister and I brought the stuff to our aunt’s house a few weeks ago because she was involved in the founding of the thrift store (it’s actually named after her), operated it for many years, and still visits the store from time to time. All proceeds from the thrift store benefit the Hollywood Sunset Free Clinic.

I took a bag of clothes to the TJ Maxx clothing drive. I took several bags of assorted stuff to the Hospice Thrift shop. It was some kitchen stuff like the old George Foreman grill and miscellaneous "stationary" stuff I cleaned out of drawers like pencils and stick on letters and a bunch of junk like that. Also some glassware we never used and a bunch of shoes I never wore.

Reactions: Amy SF and Val
I just had another clear out of my stuff.

I have a bag of art supplies I have never used bagged up for the charity shop, along with another four books.

I had to throw away the end of a protein powder as it was horrible and also got rid of some turmeric capsules as they had a really gross smell to them. No idea what was wrong with either of them but I couldn't swallow them without gagging!

I added an air purifier to the donation bag

I decided to keep that in the end.

Reactions: Amy SF and KLS52
Speaking of art supplies, I had a big box of cotton swabs I got from the dollar section at CVS Pharmacy. I didn’t like them because they tend to bend and break more easily than Q-tips. (You get what you pay for, right?) It’s just one thing, but it was taking up space in my bathroom drawer, so I gave it to the activities director for use in art class. She was happy to take it. I’m sticking with Q-tips.

Reactions: Val
- Two trashbags of clothes to a charity shop
- One bag of clothes to another charity
- Four books are donated to a dog camp for a quiz
- Four plastic bags of DVDs got a new home

Some single socks went in the trash now, they don't have a future mate in my drawer (I save the single sock if I have several of the same type of socks, suddenly another one becomes single), and some socks that was nothing to keep of different reasons (like ends up under your foot after 2 minutes etc).

Then I hope to rehome several books during a couple of weeks now.

New trash bags of clothes soon ready to go to charity. We have a drop off place in our neighbourhood where they take everything. Even your old underwear. Some get new life as clothes, other as textiles in different way and rest disposed in a correct way.

A stetson hat and two belt buckles are out for sale (a gift I got long time ago from USA, but I don't use it). If I don't get it sold, I will offer it for free to a woman I know do line dance.

Reactions: Amy SF and Val
- Two boardgames I never played given away for free (I still think it's strange that people ask for me to drive half an houer to give them somethings for free...).
- Sold a lot of dog books today.
- Gone through a lot of CDs, and several will end in the charity chop.
- Going through things I won with my dogs. It's so many strange glasses of different types, that I do not like at all. One candlestick that looks more like something you will find as the murder weapon in CSI, and an ashtray I can smash sculls with. Some of it goes to charity, two glasses donated to a show and some with logos are put out for free if some people collect that serie, and need more items from it. I'm so going to always choose cards and things I can use in the future, decline rosettes if I win and don't pick up strange glasses and stuff. I have saved the things that sparks me joy. :D

I haven't disposed of anything of late, but I feel a purge coming on after reading that Marie Kondo thread. :D

Reactions: Val and Poppy
Today we gave away a mattress, last week a computer monitor (I sold it though, not for free).

Last month I left 25 books in a book exchange and took one.

They also had a box marked "Free stuff". It was empty lol. I put some DVDs in there.

Reactions: Val and Mikkel
All the glasses and plates I have won get picked up today.

I found a f*** mailbox in my storage... I have one on the wall. Most places do have one. I don't need one extra.

A broken water boiler. Also nice to have...

Going a trip to the dumpster place on Monday to recycle things + the thrift shop.

I wished there was shelfs around to put in books and DVDs for exchange here. I don't know about anyone, and here I live, we can only get CDs and DVDs at food and book stores. And gas stations. It tells you a bit about the quality of the films...

Found a really old cord too. That I hate, cause it won't be on the reel. Good bye to it. A big wooden crate it was in can be gone too now.

Threw away some old and broken dog toys today too. The toy box my girls used will be out too, it's chewed on and too deep for Rime. So a smaller box is now ready for him with toys.

Found a nice flee market here that work for a good cause. So a lot of kitchen stuff will go there today. That's to big boxes, a bag and two big cutting board in wood (they are too big for my sink to be washed proper)

I took two large bags of clothes to a thrift shop yesterday. They were two sizes too big for me. I'm a little afraid to take the bags holding one size too big just yet. :rolleyes:

A body. In the cornfield out back.

I'm sorry, but ever since this thread title went up, I've been wanting to say that. :cool: